Glad It's Over

Guest Speed Racer

Meh. It's not a terribly strong song - it has no hook to speak of.

Wilco has a good number of b-sides that they've never played live. Some are toss-offs, some aren't all that strong, and when there's only 2-3 hours for a show you're going to play the songs people know from the records and the really strong b-sides (Magazine, Cars).

Why has Wilco never played this song live? In fact, it is like the song doesn't even exist. I like it a lot but I am sure there will be divergent opinions on that. Anyone?

Yes, you will find there are divergent opinions. It's not even an option to request that song.

I can't answer your question about its status (or non-status) as a live tune, but I enjoy it on occasion - it's not in heavy rotation. Between this tune and The Thanks I Get, One True Vine and Let's Not Get Carried Away, I think SBS could have been a different record, but I'll take it just the same.

they just had so many songs for those sessions i think. Let's not get carried away and thanks i get are as good or better than anything on SBS. Let's not get carried away is one of my fav wilco songs!

Yes, yes, yes, yes! Not to one up you or anything. ;)

They could do tremendous things with that live.

I totally agree about Dark Neon!

And I like Glad It's Over, it's fun to sing along with

At some point there will have to be a double disc b-sides and outtake album. Starting with Student Loan Stereo and Blasting Fonda, working its way to Dark Neon. Many of the albums have four or five outtakes that no one has heard. I'm sure it wouldn't all be top shelf stuff, but it would be good to hear it all together.