Does anyone know much about the venue Wilco is playing at in Denton? I am trying to figure out exactly where they are playing. They aren't playing in the "armadillo" off 35 are they? On Google maps it looks like it is in a building closer to Fry Street. Thanks for your help, can't wait!

I work at UNT and poked my head into the auditorium yesterday to check it out -- looks like they're working on the stage and setting up the PA system to bring it up to rock-concert standards. It's amazing; offices, classrooms... and Wilco. I still can't believe they're going to take that stage tomorrow.

wilco_denton_map.jpg

The red border highlights the venue. I labeled the main parking lots that are close to the Auditorium building in blue, but there are various spaces closer along Hickory St. etc.

You'll have plenty of decent options for food and drinks right near the venue. Subway and Jack in the Box are the main chains. Jimmy Johns, Pita Pit are others.

Then you'll have the Public House (typical bar food), Rip Rocks (typical bar food), Cool Beans (Typical bar food), Crooked Crust (Pizza). Lucky Lou's does not serve food if I remember correctly.

You can't go wrong at any of the places. Cheap drinks, decent food. If you venture over to the square, you'll also have a few more food and beverage options that will not disappoint.

If I could just add to what was said about the area around the main auditorium. Public house is a brofest. I would not recommend that at all. Cool beans has decent burgers with vegetarian options. Lou's has a fantastic beer selection if that is what you are into. They are also having a crawfish boil on saturday with live music that should end prior to the show. Bands include TELEGRAPH CANYON, SERYN, RTB2, THE KING BUCKS, THE HEELERS, BUBBA LOVE AND THE BABY MAKERS, CORY P. COLEMAN AND THE DIATOMACEOUS EARTH. Its only 5 bucks and if you haven't heard or read anything about Telegraph Canyon, Seryn, or RTB2 you should check it out. If i didn't have a middle school solo and ensemble festival to deal with I would be there for that. If you don't frequent Denton also I would recommend going up to the square and checking out the Love Shack (burgers, Chef Tim Love) among a few other other decent restaurants.

two questions...

(1) any idea of set times? tickets say 8pm so i assume that means the opener starts at 8 and then Wilco around 9pm-ish...but that's just a guess. anyone have official word?

(2) and will there be alcohol sold?