Inside Wilco's Solid Sound Festival from The Atlantic

From The Atlantic:

A month ago, Wilco's second Solid Sound Festival brought music fans to the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art—or Mass MoCA—for an event that was part rock-concert marathon, and part interactive art experience. Called "an antidote to big-name destination festivals" by the Hartford Courant, Solid Sound has been praised for offering a low-key, intimate, and off-beat experience.

Filmmaker Kevin Michael Kertscher of Indigo Studios was there, capturing the highlights. Below, the sights and sounds of weekend, with Wilco singer Jeff Tweedy and others discussing the philosophy behind the festival:

Video in the link:

http://www.theatlant...estival/242475/

Isn't this great? I posted it in another thread but I agree, it needs its own thread. Moderators, if you're reading, please delete my previous post.

The idea that The Atlantic has this coverage gives me hope that there will be a 2012. Hoping, hoping. . .

there was word afloat at the fest that a five year contract was being worked out. seems like a no brainer that it'll continue.

there was word afloat at the fest that a five year contract was being worked out. seems like a no brainer that it'll continue.

If this is true, it would be fantastic. I was having anxiety that it wouldn't continue for some reason.

Wow, watching that video made me glad and sad at the same time. It's so fantastic to have been a part of such a wonder-full confluence of music, art, film, comedy, good food and fellow Wilco-philes! That's the glad part. But I'm sad that it's over, that I can't put every second of it in a box and take it out when I want to... It was great reading other folks' musings on their favorite parts of the weekend -- how each person experiences the festival so differently. There were so many things to absorb that you really can't take it all in. It didn't feel overwhelming at the time, but you just can't see/hear/do it all. A five-year run would be manna from heaven.

Next year I'm definitely coming a day early. There really is just too much to see and do during the festival itself, and I keep missing the exhibits in the galleries. Plus, there were all kinds of band sightings around town the day before.

I also heard the 5-year contract rumor, both from the parking lot attendant at the Holiday Inn and from the owner of a B&B. I sure hope it's true, but I don't consider either of those sources definitive. :nailbite