I thought the Whole Love was Revolveresque...

But it actually is a full fledged tribute to...The Rutles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UVerdKle8Q&feature=related

(sorry...but the chord changes in the intro of Dawned on Me reminded me of this one!)

Leggy Mountbatten will surely sue!

"His father wore trousers in the bath to keep him from looking down on the unemployed."

When I was about eleven I had little concept or interest in music, but one night I was going through my Dad's VHS tapes and he had the Rutles film taped from a mid nineties broadcast on Comedy Central. I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen and became instantly obsessed with discovering all of the inside jokes. I watched that film at least one time for twenty-one consecutive days and it led me into my massive passion for the Beatles. It was odd getting into the Beatles through the parody band, and hearing the songs in sort of reverse order, like the first time I heard I am the Walrus I thought, "oh this is Piggy in the Middle," but I don't think I became any less a fan because of it.

"His father wore trousers in the bath to keep him from looking down on the unemployed."

:banana

It all felt good knowing that George was involved with the project. The timing for me was exactly the same as when I was buying all the Beatles albums, and at that teenage age when whole conversations would quote Monty Python sketches.

And speaking of Beatles parodies, this has it's moments. There are a few more bits on YouTube - a weekly segment a while back on Paul Whitehouses latest effort.

Neil Innes is a tremendous songwriter as well, some of those songs: Doubleback Alley, Let's Be Natural, Living in Hope, etc. are almost as good as their Beatle counterparts.

Interestingly enough Neil dealt with some Rutling when Noel Gallagher lifted the melody of How Sweet To Be An Idiot (the title track from the well worth seeking out Innes solo LP) for Oasis' Whatever.

I may know All You Need is Lunch by heart. "Their breakfast long since gone. Rodently chewed. Mouse masticated. In a word: eaten by rats."

--Mike