UK tickets purchased through sandbag presale?

Anyone else still waiting on them?

Back in May a mate purchased Manchester and London night 2 via the Sandbag presale but we are now just over 2 weeks away and there are no sign of tickets.

A few weeks later I purchased for London night 1 via ticketweb. That one turned up 4 days later.

Cause for concern?

I could do without the hassle of picking up on the night as

a ) The guy who bought them is not going to London now.

b ) I will be in the GA queue so getting to the box office 30 mins before doors will be a right pain.

Note for future - Never use sandbag.

If you look closely at your ticket email, it states that tickets will be sent two weeks before the show. I'm still waiting on mine for both London shows, but I seem to remember that they came about two weeks out from the Glasgow show last year, so not panicking yet. The problem is that the fan club allocation goes through Seetickets, who are rubbish at supplying tickets, so your beef, if you have one, is probably going to be with them.

If they don't start turning up by the start of next week, then we should have a concerted effort to give em hell. At the end of the day we have paid to get them sent out and if they can't do it they are in breach of contract.

Note for future - Never use sandbag.

It really has gotten to the point where I personally have to think about just that. I could almost understand it taking so long to get tickets for me since I'm not based in the UK, but it's troubling to hear that you guys have the same problems. Honestly I can't remember a time I've bought through Sandbag that I haven't had some sort of issue and, although they are always very nice when you e-mail or phone them, it's getting to the point where I think I'm probably just better off waiting to buy from another agency.

I sent a chasing email on Friday re my London tix and got a terse 'we'll let you know when they leave the building message' in reply. I've just checked my mail and they've only just confirmed one order (for one night of the two) is now in the post, but it's poor fair. Definitely the last time I purchase through Sandbag.

I sent a chasing email on Friday re my London tix and got a terse 'we'll let you know when they leave the building message' in reply. I've just checked my mail and they've only just confirmed one order (for one night of the two) is now in the post, but it's poor fair. Definitely the last time I purchase through Sandbag.

I bought tickets for the London gigs via Sandbag and still haven't gotten any sort of shipping notification. Doesn't really matter, since I unfortunately won't be able to make it to those shows anyway but man, that'd be a pain if I was going. It really is just not worth using Sandbag anymore, IMHO.

Not to reply to my own post, but I just got a shipping notification from Sandbag this morning. Which is, what, like 9 or 10 days before the event? This seems kind of ridiculous to me, especially considering I just received some tickets yesterday that I ordered for next year's European tour (and those from Italy, no less). Granted I paid a pretty healthy shipping charge, but I don't think Sandbag is especially cheap when it comes to shipping. Pretty much any other ticketing agency I've used for European shows you've either been able to print-at-home or you pay a decent shipping charge but you get the tickets relatively quickly via UPS or even just regular mail.

It's really just been Sandbag in the UK where I've had issues. I think part of their problem is they're basically a middleman for presales through Wilco--I think this has been explained to me in the past--so that they have to actually get the tickets you ordered from the promoter or whoever and then get them sent on to you.

for all of Wilco's good intentions, I've never received any information from Wilco's website, even though I keep on registering.. so if it's a gig with reserved seats (like the Royal Festival Hall), all the good seats are gone before I know they've even been on sale. I get more information from co-Wilco fans on 'efestivals' than I do from Wilco

not sure what this might have to do with Sandbag... :mellow

Well after much chasing, I finally received our London tickets last weekend. As a coda to this topic - I booked for both Brussels shows next March directly with the venue. For the sum of three euros booking fee and admin charges I received both sets of tickets promptly within a week...