Deep Dark Woods

Canada has been producing very beautiful new music. There are two acts: The Wilderness of Manitoba, and The Rural Alberta Advantage, that have become personal favourites, to the point where I'd buy anything those two bands put out to market.

Despite their name, the Wilderness of Manitoba are Toronto-based, and early in the year they released When you left the fire. (Try the songs 'Hermit', 'Summer fires' and 'Orono Park').

The Rural Alberta have a more rocking sound, with the lead singer drawing comparisons to Billy Corgan. The drumming of Paul Banwat is one of their strongest assets. (Try the song 'Muscle relaxants').

Since my favourite band no longer exists (R.E.M.) it's Canada where I've been finding much of my new music.

I hadn't heard of the Deep Dark Woods until this post, may be time to explore them also.

Damn, that is good music!

Deep Dark Woods are completely new on me. I was hooked within about 15 seconds of watching their youtube clips.

The Place I left Behind has been purchased from iTunes. Thanks so much.

• 3 months later...