Hey all. Been a while but thought I'd pop in to let you know that there's a new Riviera song available to stream and download. It's from our new EP titled Watching Western Skies, due in January.

Riviera - Hopeless

For anyone who doesn't know me or Riviera, I am an OLD SKOOL VCer from way back when. Riviera has opened for many of your favorite bands, including Jeff Tweedy (yes, I know!), Son Volt, Califone, Slobberbone, Kraig Jarret Johnson, Hem and a bunch of others. We recently moved from Chicago to Portland and are having a fine time in the Pacific Northwest.

DP

Yeah, not the most uplifting song, is it?

GLONO Records is on-hold for now and we just relaunched the site after an 8 month hiatus, so this EP is self-released. Why let Jake Brown take a piece of the action on this hot commodity?

Thanks for listening and please share with anyone who you think might dig it. After such a long break we're just hoping to get people interested again.

Sounds like classic Riviera, Derek -- with a touch of My Morning Jacket. All of which is, of course, a good thing.

Excellent stuff, my friend!

Just life.

Recording an acoustic EP. Solo and stuff.

Hop on Pop exists in name only.

Listened to this last week, Derek. Sounds great! I've been eagerly anticipating the new EP for a long time now--yes, it's been a long break--and I'm pleased to hear there's a release date planned for January. I'll set aside some Christmas cash...

Mick moved out here a few months after I did and we reconstituted the band around the two of us: bass, drums and a multi-instrumentalist (pedal steel, lap steel, dobro, mandolin, etc.)

Josh B. flew out this summer for our annual birthday show and so we had a crowded stage but it was a riot.

Sounds like classic Riviera, Derek -- with a touch of My Morning Jacket. All of which is, of course, a good thing.

Excellent stuff, my friend!

Yeah...a bit of the MMJ reverb and vibe. Nicely done song. Hope you stick around this time.

That's classic Riviera, Derek! Just gorgeous. I'll look forward to more in time for my January birthday!

Oh and Drinkify recommends:

“The Riviera”

•8 oz. Sipsmith Gin

•8 oz. Ice Cream

Combine in highball glass and serve.

to go with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...