Yes indeed RIP Smokin Joe

From Howard Cosell Saying Frazier Goes Down

from my Teens

My Dad was a Huge Boxing Fan and I got some of that until it became comical with all the charades and promoters.

RIP Indeed George Frazier

One of the Original Tough Guys that Participated in what the Media called the fight of the century

This was really sad news to wake up to this morning.

I was obsessed with Ali as a teenager and loved watching the Ali/Frazier fights (even as a young lad in the UK, Ali was a worldwide phenomenon). As I got older I got to grips with the uncurrents of the Ali/Frazier stand off and how badly Ali treated Joe. The Thriller in Manilla is the most destructive and empassioned fight I've ever seen in my life. Permanent damaged was done to both fighters that night (or morning if I recall).

Anyway, its a sad loss. My two sons (five and seven respectivly) have no idea who Joe Frazier was but they enjoyed the tribute bout we had this morning on the walk to school. I was Ali, my eldest was Joe Frazier and my youngest was Foreman. It was two against one but I still took them down!

RIP Joe.

met him last year and was one of my favorite athlete autographs i've ever gotten. he greeted me with a "hey blood!" and when i asked to shake his hand he gave me a strong soul brother handshake.

i think without frazier in his life, ali wouldn't have been who he was.

i think without frazier in his life, ali wouldn't have been who he was.

He certainly would have had a much tougher time after refusing to serve in Vietnam. Didn't Joe help pay his bills for awhile?