Who's having the worst week?

Friend with hope! I make a lumpy throat at your discomfort. I keep a crossed finger for you that better time is coming round the U-bend. Believe!

Own bed is not always so wonderful - it is not the Swedish way! Welfare!

Thanks Lotti :wave :hug Your fingers crossed must have helped, I did keep believing, but sometimes lost faith....

However, two days ago I got a truck, nothing grand, old 85 dodge ram, red too, never had a red vehicle before...

But it was cheap and runs... So thanks Lotti and of course that special lady, my angel that brightens my world !!! :kitty :hug

Lotti, if "own bed" is not always so wonderful, I hope most of the time" it is wonderful... :hyper Welfare!!

• 4 months later...

It's only Tuesday and the week starts as a nightmare.

Today there was a break-in attempt at home. Luckily nothing happened and the alarm system dissuaded the intruder or intruders.

But the event set in motion a great deal of soul-searching.

I stripped myself down to the very essential, the very minimal. I told myself, trivial exchanges, as bitter as they may have been, with other people on this forum, or on the other forum, are they really important given what just happened?

what is important? spending more time with my ageing mother? my brothers? taking care of my own person and shedding off those extra pounds? ...getting out of this dead end job, become a better person?

I reviewed every aspect of my life, everything down to even posting on this place, told to myself, is this really important?

Oddly, I have been feeling very uneasy these past days. I even had a nightmare the day before. It's like, somehow, I smelled doom with anticipation. And then I said I need a beer. Tomorrow might be a better day, who knows?

I'm really sorry to hear that, bittersweet_me, but so glad you had an effective alarm system! That sense of personal violation is soul shaking, very deep. I'm not surprised that you are left taking a hard look at all the angles of your life. Don't take your sense of insecurity and unease too seriously right now...give yourself time to swing back to an even keel. But listen to the valuable things your heart is telling you about what's truly important. Definitely, spend more time with your aging mother, with your brothers, take more time to care for yourself. You got a serious scare and your heart cut right to the important issues. Worth heeding.

So glad you are safe and you didn't have a worse situation.