Who's having the worst week?

We play a game in the office called "Who's having the worst week?"

A lot of candidates this week...

My entry is usually political...Herman Cain has been a strong contender. Nobody in my circle knows the name of the PM of Greece. Rick Perry is going to be a strong contender.

Death is the ultimate reward of life...

JoePa didn't die. He lost a job and his reputation. The kids involved with Sandusky were having some bad weeks a couple of years ago.

Nobody in my circle knows the name of the PM of Greece.

George Papandreau.

(no I didn't look it up; I listen to NPR. ;) )

Lucas Papademos, actually...at least as soon as he's sworn in. (I read BBC)

True dat.

I'm sure they're just fine now.

Most certainly not...

Actually, if you're being technical it's Georgios (transliteration from Greek letters to Roman) or George, which is his birth name, as he is from St. Paul, Minnesota.

I didn't know he was born in that area. (That probably explains the hockey team there :)) Just joking, in response to the question, thankfully I'm not having the worst week (not the best either) but with the charges I put on the credit card I'm going to feel differently one month from now.

I would imagine you could win on any given week by saying "The [residents of a poor country who are suffering the effects of a natural disaster] are probably having a worse week than [famous person]"

For example:

"The people dealing with famine in the horn of Africa are probably having a worse week than Joe Paterno"

Of course, your coworkers might stop asking you to play, but still.

164.gif

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

i lost my dad and my wife's client shot himself in the face, taking his own life.

factor me in to this bad week competition.

My sympathies to you and your family!

Makes my week not so bad, but I'll play along. Last week I had to tow my car home and worked on the transmission. Well this week it went out for good. Had to get it towed again, not home tho, to the title pawn to surrender for the loan. Don't get paid until Friday, so no money. I think I've lost my so called / sometime job. Was told if I ever needed anything to call, he knows I had no ride, but wanted to know what I done with my car, told him it was at the title pawn, he wanted to try and buy it, not to help me for himself. Trying to get a ride to the store from friends doesn't happen. They don't answer the phone or texts. but whatever, right?

Got a real part time job but its 24 miles one way so to be there to work to get a paycheck I've had to stay in the office, eat crap, etc. Trying to find a cheap car that maybe I could buy isn't happening so I guess more days in the office. I doubt my check will be enough for a car anyways. So another week in the office? Well I could bore ya with more stupid bad luck....

however, the Sun does Shine during the Rain... Sometimes... B) Hadn't checked my email since September (my laptop is still in the pawn shop) but tonight I checked it (atleast the office has the internet, when it is working... damn ATT...) but what do I find? Some special lady :hug sent me an email with the "The Whole Love"... Since I hadn't listen to the record cuz' I couldn't buy it yet, this is such a blessing. Thank you for sending that to me, you'll never know just how much it has helped me tonight.

Peace, Love & Understanding... :wub (Love the saying guys)

• 2 weeks later...

Makes you know how wonderful "my own bed" is!!! :thumbup

Friend with hope! I make a lumpy throat at your discomfort. I keep a crossed finger for you that better time is coming round the U-bend. Believe!

Own bed is not always so wonderful - it is not the Swedish way! Welfare!