Splitter! With you on Nixon at least. Manifold deep joy. I have two of their others but not the ones you list ...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly!

Wilco are a very close second so I don't feel too guilty.

They have some of the best song titles.

"Your Fucking Sunny Day"

"My Face, Your Ass"

Love it.

Wild Frank, you've got great taste...Tom Waits, Genesis, Lambchop!!

Thanks for that. Nice to see the words 'Genesis' and 'great taste' in the same sentence. I've taken some stick over the years but I always stick up for Genesis (even later day Genesis).

In recognition of your avatar I'm also a big Neil Young fan. 'Time Fades Away' is a funny album. Very raw but brilliant. I love the fact that, even in 2011, this record is not available. Bless you Neil. 'Ragged Glory' still my favourite Neil Young record.

Thanks for that. Nice to see the words 'Genesis' and 'great taste' in the same sentence. I've taken some stick over the years but I always stick up for Genesis (even later day Genesis).

In recognition of your avatar I'm also a big Neil Young fan. 'Time Fades Away' is a funny album. Very raw but brilliant. I love the fact that, even in 2011, this record is not available. Bless you Neil. 'Ragged Glory' still my favourite Neil Young record.

TFA is probably my favorite Neil album. LA and Don't Be Denied are my favorite Neil tunes. As for Genesis, I no longer consider them a guilty pleasure. More along the lines of pop brilliance :-) Now, I've only heard a bit of Lambchop and really respect that guy. Need to pick up this new one when it comes out.

TFA is probably my favorite Neil album. LA and Don't Be Denied are my favorite Neil tunes. As for Genesis, I no longer consider them a guilty pleasure. More along the lines of pop brilliance :-) Now, I've only heard a bit of Lambchop and really respect that guy. Need to pick up this new one when it comes out.

It will be interesting to hear this 'TFA 2' when it appears which the next archive box. TFA is very sloppy but that's what makes it so good. As for Genesis as pop-brilliance 'Duke' is just an amazing album.

Re: Lambchop tickets are on sale for a European Tour (they always do well over here). There i also a 'super-deluxe' edition of the new album available for about £80. It looks really nice but I can't justify the cost. If you are looking to delve into the lambchop catalogue I would recommend 'Nixon', 'Is a Woman' and 'Damaged'. A lot of people prefer their earlier, pre-Nixon stuff, but I think they are improving with age.

• 2 months later...

The new album, Mr. M, is floating around on t'internet for those interested. Its a great listen, very consistant feel; beautiful and classy. A couple of nice instrumentals too. Not sure it hits the heights of Nixon/Damaged but its certainly a good addition to the mighty lambchop catalogue.

I have tickets for the Manchester part of the UK tour which should be immense.

The new album, Mr. M, is floating around on t'internet for those interested. Its a great listen, very consistant feel; beautiful and classy. A couple of nice instrumentals too. Not sure it hits the heights of Nixon/Damaged but its certainly a good addition to the mighty lambchop catalogue.

I have tickets for the Manchester part of the UK tour which should be immense.

Do you know what sort of band is part of the tour? Strings and horns or more stripped down?

In recognition of your avatar I'm also a big Neil Young fan. 'Time Fades Away' is a funny album. Very raw but brilliant. I love the fact that, even in 2011, this record is not OFFICIALLY available. Bless you Neil. 'Ragged Glory' still my favourite Neil Young record.

Do you know what sort of band is part of the tour? Strings and horns or more stripped down?

There's no strings this time around. Very much a striped down 'Chop with the core members. Looking at the recent press photo's I'm not even sure William Tyler is part of the tour, which would be a great shame as I love his guitar work.

• 1 year later...

I'm not even sure William Tyler is part of the tour, which would be a great shame as I love his guitar work.

Saw William Tyler last night (opening for a band in Boston) and he blew me away.  What a talent.  I bought both of his CDs and chatted with him a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw William Tyler last night (opening for a band in Boston) and he blew me away.  What a talent.  I bought both of his CDs and chatted with him a bit.

Tyler's new album, The Impossible Truth, is a great album. Its out on Merge I think and has been gathering some very positive reviews.

I'm still enjoying the latest Lambchop record. A really strong set of songs.