Wilco in top 10 best sold Vinyls in 2011

Interesting, I wonder if the numbers for "Abbey Road" are based on the new re-press version if they also include used sales of the record from previous pressings (I just bought a used copy a few weeks ago)

It would have to be new - and bought in a store that uses SoundScan.

I use to have an original pressing that my Dad bought when it came out - but it came up missing about 20 years ago. I still have the cover - just the record album is missing.

I've never bought a Wico record album. I wouldn't mind having Being There on vinyl.

I love Being There on vinyl. Bought it at a show, and spent way too much at the merch table.

I got an "Apple Label" pressing of "Abbey Road"

For Christmas my Nana gave me a copy of one of the early Beatles records called "Something New"- it's a Capital pressing in mono (that's the weird part), and another record that I can't recall the name of, but the vinyl inside was actually a stereo copy of the "Something New" record... weird, but still cool.

I love vinyl. Sort of want a better turntable though, mine has pretty bad sound.

Wow...top seller is just over of 40,000 copies...those numbers seem low. I would have thought with the resurgance of vinyl someone was selling 50,000+ copies of a vinyl album.

most of the vinyl seems to be 'limited' pressing, and for the bands i am interested in, that usually means 1,000 or so.

hence the expense.

Actually what floors me is the Pearl Jam reissues weren't on there???

Every time I see PJ records albums mentioned, I recall that is the last new record I ever bought - Vitalogy. I got it for 5 bucks brand new.