Words of Encouragement, advice and a plea...

I know this stuff is really uncomfortable to talk or even think about, but colo-rectal cancer screening is not something that should be avoided or dreaded.

I get really pissed off when I see Letterman making fun of the colonoscopy screenings for the early signs of colo/rectal that are broadcast on Morning TV shows. This is some really serious shit (no pun intended), and the process is, all things being equal, really not bad...and it can save your life.

I had bought into the fear mongering and put mine off for two years. Almost a fatal mistake.

Glad I got mine and I hope when you guys are of age that you get yours.

I get really pissed off when I see Letterman making fun of the colonoscopy screenings for the early signs of colo/rectal that are broadcast on Morning TV shows. This is some really serious shit (no pun intended), and the process is, all things being equal, really not bad...and it can save your life.

I understand the seriousness of the procedure, and the life saving aspect, my grandfather had colon cancer, and my father has had the procedure twice already. I am not of the age where I have to get one yet. However, Letterman is in his right to make fun of such a stunt on morning TV. It is completely ridiculous to show that on TV. I think if anything the morning show stunts cause more fear and ridicule. Simply put if you go to the doctor for regular check-ups you will eventually get it done, if you don't then you will put it off and probably have put off some other stuff as well. Basically go to the doctor, do what they say. Now if we could just find a away for everyone to be able to afford a doctor.