I'm taking my kid to a Wilco show this week

Just the first of many more I'm sure. I still go with my son and he's 25. We will be seeing Wilco for the 20th time together by the end of the summer tour. I take the wife every once in awhile but you can always rely on your kid to go when no one else wants to see that band your friends have never heard of.

It's just that many other factors come into play when taking a child to a show ie) indoor vs outdoor, how well do you know the venue, are you willing to leave if your child isn't comfortable. I took my daughter to her first Wilco show and she was more impressed with the escalators in the lobby. Just sayin'

I took my boys to their first concert (Wilco) when they were 5 and 6. We sat in the balcony where it wasn't very loud, everyone around us sat the whole show. They enjoyed it very much.

They can be proud of their first concert experience.. My first concert was Debbie Gibson when I was 8 years old.. I'm glad I was able to make their first concert one of the best bands ever. :thumbup

I thought about taking my 7 year old twins to the free show in Sioux City. A lot of factors went into not going. A small one was Wilco's frequent use of strobes and my son's epilepsy. He's never had a strobe induced seizure, but combine the heat, noise, crowd, probably sleepiness... Seemed like a dangerous combination.

I will spare the board a re-post about my son's first Wilco show.

This crowd is pretty jaded and cynical at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my daughter to her first Wilco show and she was more impressed with the escalators in the lobby. Just sayin'

That would be my husband's interest level in Wilco too.

As much as I'd love to share my Wilco passion with my family, I've decided to keep the band as my own private Idaho. At least for now--we'll see what my kids are interested in in the next few years.