Natalie/St. G's eBook Now Available

I thought this deserved its own thread, in case anyone misses it in the other thread:

Friends of Natalie,

Her sister informed me the other day that Natalie's book is out. Here's some information:

Both parents have worked on editing, fact-finding, and basically compiling the chapters into a full-fledged book. We would love it if you checked it out and also spread the word. Here's some info about it:

The Kindle edition of "When Your Song Breaks the Silence" is now available in the Kindle Store at amazon.com and via the Kindle app. The Smashwords edition (www.smashwords.com) is being distributed to Barnes & Noble (their Nook Store), Apple, Sony, and other e-book catalogs.

The book's Facebook Fan page: www.facebook.com/whenyoursong

The book's web site: https://sites.google...eaksthesilence/

Also, here's an article about Natalie and her novel that came out yesterday, July 14th: http://annarborchron...n-book-fare-18/

For anyone who wasn't around during the Natalie regime (Natopia!), please check out this thread: http://viachicago.org/topic/32865-natalie-jane-st-genevieve/

Okay. Crank up a Jim O'Rourke song in her honor.

I was wondering if there is any way to get an actual print copy of this thing? I don't do ebooks but would still like to read it. There must be some sort of cost recovery way to do this.

LouieB

I still have some stuff she wrote at home somewhere.

It took me back a ways when I saw that photo of her posted on the website. I can't recall if she was here when I first joined or not. (Sunday - August 18th, 2002).

Natalie's time on this board predates mine, but when I became aware of her through the thread on this forum I read through all the posts that she wrote as well as the tributes after her death. What a sweet and rambunctious spirit she was! She made quite an impact on many people in her short life.

Okay. Crank up a Jim O'Rourke song in her honor.

I was wondering if there is any way to get an actual print copy of this thing? I don't do ebooks but would still like to read it. There must be some sort of cost recovery way to do this.

LouieB

Someone ought to make sure O'Rourke gets a copy.

I too would prefer a print copy, but will read it e if that's the only format.

LouieB

Lou, I'd bet if you e-mailed her mom (there's contact info on the site) and explained how you knew Nat, she'd be willing to send you a print copy.

One of my favorite pics ever was from the tour when Carla Bozulich's band Night Porter opened for Wilco. Nat had made tinfoil sculptures for everyone in Wilco, and Carla got a tinfoil spider. I'll have to dig up the pic, Carla is wearing the spider on her shoulder like a brooch. :spider

Thanks, everyone, for sharing in my joy. :)

I

Who else still has some of the tin foil sculptures she would make? Can a photo of those be part of the VC calendar?

I think Rosie still has one, not sure. We had it on our mantle for awhile. Not sure where it is now.

We sebt Natalie a postcard from St. Geneveive one time.

LouieB

Who else still has some of the tin foil sculptures she would make? Can a photo of those be part of the VC calendar?

I still have mine at my parents house. It's a goddess or St. of strength, but I can't remember the specific name anymore...here is a picture of it perched on a piece of art made by my sister...

DSCN1029.jpg