Jeff Tweedy producing album for Sarah Guthrie / Johnny Irion

An interview with Sarah Lee Guthrie on washingtonexaminer.com

"I grew up loving rock 'n' roll, and then Wilco and Billy [bragg's collaboration] brought more of the traditional in," said Sarah Guthrie, who is currently recording an album with her husband, Johnny Irion, that will be produced by Wilco's Jeff Tweedy. "It gave me a whole new appreciation of Woody's music."

http://washingtonexa...article/2502278

There was also a recent Q&A with Ms. Guthrie, here: http://www.ourstage....e-family-legacy the album is to release in 2013.

I thought Tweedy did a great job producing the Mavis Staples record, looking forward to hearing more of his work on that end.

Agree. He's becoming a great record producer. Plus the fact that Sansone is also working on this is good news. Quite an album to expect in 2013.

• 10 months later...
WASSAIC WAY

Release Date: August 6th 2013

Sarah Lee Guthrie and Johnny Irion will release their third studio album together Wassaic Way on August 6 via Route 8 Records. Produced by Jeff Tweedy and Patrick Sansone of Wilco, the album’s eleven original songs were recorded at that band’s famed Chicago studio, The Loft and feature the duo’s most ambitious songwriting, far-reaching arrangements and electrifying performances to date.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...