No Festivals?

As some of you know I'm an old sound engineer and my friends put on The Gathering Of The Vibes every year. A good portion of the people who organize The Vibes also do Solid Sound. Last night I was told that when they were putting The Vibes together they wanted Wilco for the Saturday night closer (tomorrow), being that The Vibes are in Bridgeport, CT this made good sense and actually would have fit their schedule. For me it would be a dream come true to finally get Wilco in there, I beg them every year. This year when all the stars were aligned perfectly for it to happen, hell even the Avetts are there on Sunday, apparently Wilco told them they weren't doing festivals this year. I don't know, didn't they just do a slew of Festivals in Europe?

Great point you made, I hadn't thought about that perfect timing at all.

My good friend provides the sound reinforcement and crew for the Vibes stages and it sure would have been sweet to hear Wilco thru his amazingly sweet sounding Meyer system. Stan woulda loved it as well.

Oh well.....maybe next time.

Whoa. That is just so wrong. I'm a creatve professional myself (writer/reporter). I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which they did the same thing with my notes or writing.

Jeebus.

So, if I was reading that correctly, all photographers, videographers, or audio recorders have to give a copy to the event management? And they can do anything with it they want?

Yes, "Recorder assigns all ... copyright to Company."

I'm trying to understand why a professional photographer would even bother attending this festival.

that's a good question.

unfortunately, this sort of rights grab is becoming more prevalent with some bands. i've never seen festival owners do this, though I did hear that Coachella pulled this shit this year too.