Prospect Park Brooklyn 7/23

• 2 weeks later...

I really love Wilco, really do but I think they need to cut back on the Yankee songs..Every show since 2001 has at least what 4-6 Yankee songs every night? Hope I am not alone out there?

I think in a few Yankees songs place play some more off Whole Love...

Sunloathe, Open Mind, Capital City!

If I'm remembering correctly...I read an interview with Jeff about this tour where he said that he thought that the songs from "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" just happened to fit in & work very well with, the new songs off of "The Whole Love".

I kept requesting "Open Mind" for all the dates I was seeing this year...to no avail...& I've read that "Sunloathe" is the only track off of this album that they've never takcled live...although Jeff has apparently played it solo before...

• 4 years later...

I can't believe it's been this long since my last Wilco concert!

I remember a hot, summer day - thunderstorm warnings, but the sunny day made that seem impossible.
Parked a few blocks away and arrived shortly after gates opened. Didn't waste time and managed to get right up front, against the fence.
The setlist was spectacular. Lighting flashed violently overhead later in the show, rain poured, yet somehow we stayed dry (thanks to the soundstage overhang) and the show continued.
I have just a few videos on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/LikeMercury58/videos
It was my second Wilco concert experience. My boyfriend's first, my best friend's first, her husband's first. We all had an amazing night.

• 2 weeks later...