Nels talks tone with Seymour Duncan

Boy, that was wonderful. Like you, I have only the barest notion of what he's talking about but he is clearly so into it, and he's just the most genuine, down-to-earth guy. Also, he's amazingly articulate, isn't he? And certainly, as he says right up front, loquacious! I get the feeling he could talk musical gear all day and all night, when everyone around him would be nodding off. . . .

I get the feeling he could talk musical gear all day and all night, when everyone around him would be nodding off. . . .

A couple of quotes from his website:

"It's been really hard to take this, the TECH TALK dept., very seriously (as you may have noticed.) Though I can get as nerdy as the next person when it comes to blab about gear, technique, etc., it really isn't what I'm about - in fact, it's kind of beside the point entirely (the Point being: self expression, creativity, the individual's voyage of discovery, etc.)"

"If i can save time for somebody by sharing what i know/feel, then fine. I'm a bit more pre-disposed to talk about thoery/composition than i am about technique on guitar and equipment. In fact, i find equipment talk to be pretty pointless, ultimately."

http://www.nelscline.com/tech.html

I get the feeling he could talk musical gear all day and all night, when everyone around him would be nodding off. . . .

There's a "Watt From Pedro Show" that was recorded in MIke Watt's van on the way from LA to San Francisco for a Banyan gig. He and Watt geek out on geer talk for an hour or more.