Leave Me (Like You Found Me)

Intrinsic quality of the song aside, part of the problem for me is the sequencing on the album. It's yet another slow/mid-tempo song after "Shake It Off", "Please Be Patient With Me" and "Hate It Here." Sometimes SBS is too mellow for its own good. By the time we get to "Leave Me", I'm pretty sleepy.

It's no favorite for me, but I've never understood the special disdain reserved for the song on this site. Wilco has some great songs, some very good ones, and some OK ones. This one falls into the latter category, I agree. Of several lacklustre songs on the second half of SBS, though, this song is certainly no worse than Patient. Or Hate it Here. Jeesh, at least LMLYFM has the advantage of being moderately forgettable. When I accidentally play Hate it Here in front of a non-fan, inevitably I have to apologize for the band, explain that this is not a typical effort. I'm sure many will feel that the worse sin an artist can commit is to create something that leaves little impression...in this specific case I have to disagree.