Summer 2008 photo contest prizes?

Strange but true.

I was one of the winners of the 2008 photo contest, but the first show I was able to see was last week at the Hollywood Bowl.

Since the contest ended the website been redone and the contact person I had at Wilco have all changed.

I was able to get tickets to the show from HQ, but I would also like to pick up a show poster as that was one of the offerrings. As I remember it was 2 tickets, a show poster and a tee shirt.

They will send me a poster, but it would help if I had some sort of documentation that this was indeed part of the prize.

I looked through a lot of google material including the Flickr pool that was set up for the contest, but I cannot find a listing of the prizes.

If anyone has any idea where to find a listing of the 2008 Summer Photo Contest prizes I would really appreciate some help in finding that info.

Thanks so much,

Henry

You could also try searching on "summer" or "contest" in this section of Via Chicago.

There's also the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.

An Email From the Wilco HQ Staff

WILCO Mid-summer update 7/28/08

Greetings from Alaska everyone, where Wilco just finished up their first ever mini-tour of our largest and arguably most stunningly-beautiful state. Despite less than ideal conditions weather-wise (esp. in Anchorage, where it essentially poured throughout the band's 2-hour plus set), we think it's safe to say that a great time was had by all, both on and in front of the stage. The band was in great form and the big crowds both in Anchorage and Fairbanks were hardy and enthusiastic.

Now that everyone has scattered for a few days of R&R before resuming the tour in the lower 48 next weekend, we've got some news. First, we're happy to announce an initiative we've been working on for some time -- the launch of "Passenger Side", the Wilco on-line ride board and a way to address both the rising costs of fuel and the energy use involved in touring. While reducing the number of vehicles the band utilizes, recycling, and etc. are all great things, the band only has a few vehicles on the road at a time, while fans attending any one gig may have thousands. So what better way for you to help reduce costs, consumption and potentially make new friends than to share a ride with other fans in your area? More information about this program available here. You will need to register on the site to use this service, but, we promise it'll be worth your while. We strongly encourage you to utilize it.

Secondly, we're bringing back the annual Wilco summer photo contest, effective immediately. Cool prizes, etc. available to winners, selected subject to our whim, based on exotic locations, creativity, cuteness, or "other". Oh yeah and there should be some Wilco-related item or thought involved. Rules (such as they are) and info are here.

Meanwhile, tickets to the upcoming August shows are available here . Over the next month, we've got everything from mega festival dates to intimate theater shows, in places as far flung as Tanglewood in Lenox, MA, Jackson Hole Music Festival in Wyoming and a headline show at the Schwab Amphitheater in Bend, Oregon. Oh and Jeff Tweedy is doing a handful of solo dates in Spain in early September. Info on all of these and more available via the site. You can also register to win a pair of tickets to any of the band's upcoming non-Festival shows on JamBase, by clicking here.

In other matters, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot vinyl is back in the store, higher quality than ever and it now comes with a free copy of the cd enclosed. Check it here.

Okay, that's it. Off to the resume the mini-vacation. See you in Brooklyn, or Indy, or in North Carolina, or SF or Palma de Mallorca or.....

Happy summer wishes.

the HQ staff