An Email from The Wilco HQ Staff

Greetings friends.

A quick blast here to let you know that initial presales for many of Wilco's summer shows are happening today (or are already underway) -- including those for 2 shows in Alaska and single shows in Indianapolis (White River State Park), Cary NC (Koka Booth Amph.), Wilmington DE (Grand Opera House), Lenox MA (Tanglewood) , Brooklyn (McCarren Pool), and Bend, Oregon (Schwab Amph.). Ticket information available at http://wilcoworld.net/tours/index.php

We'll get you more information shortly but be aware that due to recording and personal commitments there will be fewer Wilco gigs than normal this summer. So you might want to make plans early.

more soon.

the Wilco HQ staff

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasted a half hour of my life trying to get tickets for Wilmington. I got nothing, and now it's sold out.

Calm down.. They officially go on sale the 25th. The pre-sale may be sold out, but there will still be great seats when they go on sale publically. I've never purchased presale tickets to a Wilco show, and I've always managed to score great seats.

Dont get their hopes up... the regular sale for the Wilmington is over the phone or at the venue only.

Ah. . Well hey, don't give up hope yet. I don't even mess with pre-sale. It either sells out in minutes, or the site has technical difficulties.

That's what I thought as well.

Probably a type-o.

Hmm. well I never have luck in presales anyway and I hate Music Today so no matter what day it is/was I doubt I'll try for tix until the general sale.

That's my plan. Cool, so you are going to Cary? Me too. My wife and I are making a vacation out of it like you suggested.. :thumbup

It still says 4/30 for Indy on wilcoworld. You'd think someone could at least update the info. :ohwell

That's my plan. Cool, so you are going to Cary? Me too. My wife and I are making a vacation out of it like you suggested.. :thumbup

I haven't decided yet. I'm definitely going to get tix though and just sell them on here if things don't work out.

That's cool you guys are going to make a vacation out if it! Do you know anything about the venue? i'm curious if it has assigned seating. I know they have lawn seats but not sure about the rest.

Do you know anything about the venue?

For the larger concerts, there are both assigned seats and GA lawn seats. The total capacity is 7,000 with 1,000 for the reserved seating. It looks like a pretty cool venue.. Even if you get the lawn seats, they are still pretty close.

For the larger concerts, there are both assigned seats and GA lawn seats. The total capacity is 7,000 with 1,000 for the reserved seating. It looks like a pretty cool venue.. Even if you get the lawn seats, they are still pretty close.

I've never seen Wilco in an outdoor venue, but I did see Tweedy a couple of years ago in Raleigh and had lawn seats. Wasn't bad.

I just checked out the venue's website. The Wilco show isn't listed yet, but I checked out the Duran Duran show info. $65 for reserved seats and $35 for lawn! However, the Yonder Mountain String Band show (which would actually be a cool show) is totally general admission. $27.50 before the show and $30 day of. I wonder if the Wilco show will be all general admission. Hmm.

ahhh wilco ticket sales season has begun. i love this time of year, we all log in and stress out as we frantically try to buy tickets. then folks freak out because they got locked out of the presale in 1 minute flat. then go through it all over again two days later. some get tickets others don't. everyone freaks out again. and then somehow magically everyone that wants to go finds a source for tickets. usually in the how to fight loneliness section. it's like the change of the seasons, washing and conditioning your hair, buying wilco concert tickets...it wouldn't be the same any other way.

I like the fact that they mentioned recording.

Yeah, no shit. That's what I thought the discussion would center on. Not the normal pist off presale crap. But, funny thing, as I was typing this I received the Wilco HQ email.

I heard their next album was going to be more like glam metal due the success of Brett Michaels' Rock of Love.

I'm still waiting on the email...

Finally got my email, and it says that the pre-sale for NC is today.. But the site still says April 30th and it's not mentioned on Music Today.. Maybe the Wilco staff has been taking the pot again.