An Email from The Wilco HQ Staff

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Recording commitments" could simply refer to Nels' thing he's working on with Watt. And perhaps Teh Autumn Defense is doing something? Not necessarily Wilco, is all I'm saying.

Yeah good point.. I also remember hearing that Wilco had already recorded several songs for the new album, and it would be released sooner than most people think.. All we can do is wait and wonder.

Yeah good point.. I also remember hearing that Wilco had already recorded several songs for the new album, and it would be released sooner than most people think.. All we can do is wait and wonder.

"Recording commitments" could simply refer to Nels' thing he's working on with Watt. And perhaps Teh Autumn Defense is doing something? Not necessarily Wilco, is all I'm saying.

let's also not forget maybe glen's doing something nifty as well?

Yeah those guys operate under total secrecy sometimes (re-new DVD?). They (probably wisely) don't talk about an album much until they know it is done. And the members are all prolific in other projects so recording can mean alot of things. But it could mean new Wilco.........

I pissed myself a little, it's cool.

It's cool to pee yourself, try it, look at me I'm cool, everybody is doing it.

I like the fact that they mentioned recording.

YES!!!! Noticed that quite intersting..

let's also not forget maybe glen's doing something nifty as well?

Anything Glen does is nifty

ahhh wilco ticket sales season has begun. i love this time of year, we all log in and stress out as we frantically try to buy tickets. then folks freak out because they got locked out of the presale in 1 minute flat. then go through it all over again two days later. some get tickets others don't. everyone freaks out again. and then somehow magically everyone that wants to go finds a source for tickets. usually in the how to fight loneliness section. it's like the change of the seasons, washing and conditioning your hair, buying wilco concert tickets...it wouldn't be the same any other way.

Ha!

Thanks for putting it in perspective!

I pissed myself a little, it's cool.

It's cool to pee yourself, try it, look at me I'm cool, everybody is doing it.

So now you're Stewie Griffin?

Another email:

Greetings again, friends. Sorry for two emails in quick succession but here are more details re: Wilco gigs, ticketing, etc. as promised. Note that many of the summer show public onsales begin today (Friday).

The band are about to reconvene for their May tour, which is set to kick off in a few days in Rochester, Minnesota. After winding its way northwest through Fargo, Winnipeg, Bozeman and Missoula, it then heads south through Colorado and New Mexico to Texas and then homeward. Information here. Bozeman, the two Austin gigs and the three in St. Louis are already sold out. The Colorado shows are both nearly gone, and Rochester is getting close. But more tickets remain for Fargo, Missoula, Albuquerque, and Lawrence so there are still plenty of chances to see the band before they go on mini-hiatus for recording, wedding and birthing. From Mid-May through Late July there will be no Wilco shows.

They will be on the road again (to quote Willie) in August doing scattered shows in nearly every region of the country. The dates are here. By summer's end we'll have nearly fulfilled our long standing goal of playing in every state -- Wilco's "50-state strategy" if you will (with apologies to Howard Dean). With the May show in North Dakota, the July gigs in Alaska and August's first ever gig in Delaware, the band will have played in 49 of the 50. (Only Hawaii remains).

There will be a few more shows announced soon but what's on the Shows page is basically it until autumn. There are some great destinations there -- and not just the festivals. First, there's Alaska, which needs no introduction. The show at Tanglewood in the Berkshires of western Mass. will be the band's only New England performance this summer and is in a setting as cool (literally) and bucolic as it gets. We have hotel deals set up in the area and there's other general info about the show here. We at HQ also think the show in Bend, Oregon (the only outdoor show in the Pacific Northwest), among others, qualifies as road-trip worthy. We could go on, but we won't. At least not now. Just take a look for yourself... don't wait until tickets become scarce.

Regardless, please check back often. We'll be regularly updating you about the new recordings and other projects as news develops (and it always does). We'll look forward to seeing you in May and then again late this summer. Take care, register to vote, and have fun out there.

The HQ staff

P.S. Newly archived shows in the Roadcase.