An Email from The Wilco HQ Staff

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or do California Wilco fans always seem to get the shaft? I'm really not trying to complain but more of just wondering if my observations are accurate or if there are any thoughts on the matter? It seems like Wilco passes through California once a year, at best. Last summer was excellent because we got three Northern California shows...now mind you we had to drive several hours between them all, but I can't complain about three consecutive nights. But in general, I live in Northern California, and if I want to see Wilco more than once a year in the Bay Area, I have to drive at least 8 hours to Southern California, or 12+ hours to Portland. It seems that if you live in almost any other part of the country (except for a few states in the west), there are at least a handful of Wilco shows within a 4-5 hour drive each year. I guess I'm just surprised given the population density of California...and the fact that they always talk about the Bay Area being their favorite place to play (although I'm sure Jeff says that about a lot of places). Just feeling bummed since the latest mailing pretty much indicates that they won't be back to California for at least another year now. My apologies in advance to the people who live places in this country where Wilco never comes remotely near...

5 shows in UK - better come to the land of blessed and the deep fried pizza!!

However it's more likely I'll take my summer holiday in Germany now, if the dates fit - sounds like a challenge to get to as many as poss...

5 shows in UK - better come to the land of blessed and the deep fried pizza!!

However it's more likely I'll take my summer holiday in Germany now, if the dates fit - sounds like a challenge to get to as many as poss...

Good to see you on here again, Sir Queenie! :thumbup

And glad you'll perhaps get to "summer" in Germany, with maybe even a jaunt over to the land of Czechs? I hear the Budweiser there is a tad different than the garbage we have over here. :cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings,

A quick note to let you know that the impending "An Evening with Wilco" US tour, which begins March 22, is quickly closing in on a clean sweep of sellouts. About 200 tix remain for the opening show in Miami and 20 in Scranton. That's it -- all the rest are gone. So don't say you weren't warned.

Also, tomorrow (FRIDAY 5 March) tickets go on sale for September shows at the London Royal Festival Hall, Newcastle Academy and Glasgow Barrowlands. Also on sale for September: Dusseldorf, Offenbach, Munich, Hamburg and Berlin, Germany; Vienna, Austria and coming shortly Prague, Czech Republic. Info here.

TIx remain on sale for the May shows in Europe (Scandinavia, Spain, Italy) as well as New Zealand, Australia and Japan.

Run, don't walk.

The HQ Ticketing Office

• 3 weeks later...
Greetings everyone,

The band kicked off the "an evening with Wilco" tour in Miami Beach last night with the first of what will be 16 straight sellouts, a record of some kind around here. That said, we're releasing some previously held tickets (production kills, promoter holds, etc.) for many shows tomorrow (Wed.) at noon eastern time. There are approx 20 tix available for the shows in Atlanta, Richmond, Bethesda, Providence, Boston, Concord and Hartford. There are 40 tickets available in Durham, Scranton, and Philadelphia. Approx. 60 per show in Montclair and 250 in Pittsburgh. Here are the ground rules: ticket links will be here. There will be a two ticket limit per person, no multiple purchases for the same show AND no one who previously bought tickets for a show can buy again for the same show. Hope that makes sense. There w ill be no "print at home" option for these tickets. All must be picked up by the purchaser (ID req'd) at the box office/will call on the night of the show.

that's all. We've got a lot more news brewing so expect another email in a couple of days. Until then, thanks for making this tour such a huge success. See you out there.

the HQ ticketmeister

p.s. "Ashes of American Flags" on Sundance channel Monday , March 29. Check your listings & set your DVRs.

• 2 weeks later...

Wilco live stream tonight, tomorrow

Tune into live streams of the Wilco shows tonight (Tues.) from the Boston

Orpheum and tomorrow from the Concord, NH Capital Center for the Arts. Music

begins both nights around 8pm eastern time (US) at http://wilcoworld.net/roadcase/

. Note there is no support band and Wilco's sets have been clocking in at or

near the 3 hour mark. Stick around for the long haul. It's well worth it.

the HQ programming crew

If you tuned in to the Boston stream on Tuesday night, you may have heard Jeff mention the first ever Solid Sound Festival -- a Wilcoworld production scheduled for August 13-15, 2010 at MASS MoCA (Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art) in North Adams (northern Berkshire County).

In addition to being Wilco's only Northeast US show of the Summer, the three-day event will also feature band members' solo/side projects including Glenn Kotche's On Fillmore, The Nels Cline Singers, The Autumn Defense (w/ John Stirratt and Pat Sansone) and Mikael Jorgensen's Pronto.

We plan for this to be the biggest event ever for Wilco fans... and we're busily rounding up additional musical performers selected by the band.

Solid Sound will also feature a fully programmed comedy stage, interactive installations and exhibits (including the Solid Sound Stompbox Station, an interactive guitar pedal exhibit overseen by Nels Cline as well as a concert-poster screening demonstration, plus workshops, clinics, film, video installations and dj's).

We'll be announcing many additional details in the coming weeks.

Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Friday, April 9) at 10am EDT via wilcoworld.net and solidsoundfestival.com. Early bird tickets for the three-day event are $86.50 (including all fees and parking).

There will be no individual day tickets sold. Please note that this is an independently promoted and ticketed event. Kids 6 & under get in free.

Cheers to you & see you sooner. Or later.

The Wilco HQ/Solid Sound staff

• 1 month later...
Hola and greetings from Barcelona.

It's a rarity around here, but as we type, dark clouds are rolling in over the Barcelona waterfront. Somewhere in this very hotel, the band prepare to head over to do their thing tonight at the always magical Primavera Sound Festival. While we wait, here's a quick update on what's happening.

In Solid Sound news, we're really happy to announce Mavis Staples will be joining the lineup. Her performance will coincide, or nearly, with a new album which, not coincidently, was produced by Jeff Tweedy. On top of all that legendariness, Todd Barry (The Wrestler, Flight of the Conchords) has programmed the comedy stage, and he's bringing his friends Kristen Schaal (Daily Show, Flight of the Conchords), Hannibal Buress, and John Mulaney (star of VH1's Best Week Ever).

Early bird pricing ends after the holiday weekend, so we strongly encourage you to act now. Go here for info about tickets, hotels, etc.. Additionally, South Bend, Indiana (With Yo La Tengo) on July 30. Info & tix here

Buenas tardes & have a great weekend. May the clouds part where you, and we, are.

the HQ staff (Catalan office)

"Es oficial: no se puede sonar mejor que Wilco."

It's official: you can't sound better than Wilco.

Well, it semms that they could have sounded better!:

Wilco Swerve Past Sound Problems in Epic Spanish Set http://www.spinner.com/2010/05/29/wilco-primavera-barcelona-review/

• 1 month later...
Greetings all,

A few quick things. Summer's moving along & the final Solid Sound Festival schedule is out & available here.

If you're still working on travel and lodging, lots of helpful information can be found at here including a deal with ZipCar for folks coming from Boston or New York. So get on it.

Speaking of which, we're also streaming the first track from the forthcoming Jeff Tweedy-produced Mavis Staples record. It's called "You Are Not Alone" (and so is the album) and was penned by Tweedy. We think you'll dig it. As you no doubt know.... Mavis and Mr. Tweedy and Wilco and a bunch of others will perform at said festival August 13-15 in North Adams, MA. You're gonna kick yourself if you don't go.

Other stuff: Don't forget about Wilco & Yo La Tengo in South Bend, IN on July 30. Info here.

Oh, and our annual photo contest has been extended through July 16. We've got some cool developments re: that including the winning photos will be featured on a special Soiid Sound Soda we're working on with the people at Jones Soda. Info here.

That's it. Hope you're enjoying your summer. See you at one of the above or Jazz Aspen in September... and that'll be it for Wilco performances in North America this year. The band will be making a new record and we'll be figuring out how we're gonna release it, etc. So much to do. Stay tuned & stay cool.

The HQ Camp Counselors

This sucks. No more North American shows until 2011? Hopefully they mean January.

And whats the hurry on a new album?

Usually emails from HQ bring a smile to my face, this one is a bummer.

This e-mail brought a smile to my face because of the new Mavis Staples song, which gets me excited about hearing the whole record, and because Wilco's probably got some cool stuff up their sleeve with the label situation and a new record in the works. Like many bands, Wilco puts out a new record every 2-3 years, so with the time it takes to write, record, mix and master, they're on path to stay in that pattern.

• 4 weeks later...
Greetings Friends.

A quick note that we've just finished the Special Solid Sound edition Wilco Podcast, this time featuring Jeff Tweedy's take on the music, the festival, and more.

You can get it here.

Tickets are still available for the festival here, where you'll also find info about transport, hotels and more.

3 days of Wilco and friends in the beautiful, cool (as in not hot) Berkshires. What better way to spend a late summer weekend?

It's just a week away. See you there?

The HQ staff.