The Thanksgiving Thread: Give Thanks Here!

I've got a photo just like that, and I am thankful for all the years I had with my dad too. Lost him two years ago at age 60, still miss him every day.

22436_716044948191_1169044_n.jpg

I also am thankful for my wife, and for our first little bundle of joy that's joining the world on or around January 5th. I'm thankful for Anchor Steam beer, pecan pie, my family and my friends, all of which/whom I shall enjoy during the next several days. I'm thankful to have a job that I love, an abundance of great music to provide a soundtrack to every day, a couple of guitars to noodle around on, and for all you fine strangers on this here community, for the laughs, the heated debates, the confusing moments, the lovefests and the flat-out joy of being a fan of this incredible band.

Congrats on the impending arrival, choo-choo!

Tonight I'm grateful for the chianti that has me feeling warm and fuzzy, for the fact that my almost 8-year-old daughter loves vintage Bugs Bunny cartoons as much as I do (Leopold!), and for the fact that I have the next five days off to cook, eat, and maybe listen to this summer's Charlottesville show on sooutoftune.org!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of y'all.

I have a wife who still loves me after over 2 decades together, two awesome smart & athletic kids who love me more than I deserve, and a job that I mostly enjoy and pays me well. My life isn't perfect by any means but I've got a ton to be thankful for.

Ponderosa2.jpg

22436_716044948191_1169044_n.jpg

Also, how great are these pictures?? I love that you can tell that the photographers told the kids to look tough. I still worry about running into my niece (the one on the left) in a dark alley.

My sister had that Ponderosa picture on her desk for years, and most of her co-workers had commented on how cute the kids were. One day my parents stopped in to her office to take her to lunch, and when they'd left, her paralegal said "you mean that guy in the picture is your dad?? I always thought he was part of the deal, we'll toss a grizzled old guy in to make it look legit!" :lol