Jay F. & Brian H. mention Jeff T.

"Son Volt Dials Up The Honky-Tonk" By STEVE DOUGHERTY

Mr. Farrar addresses his falling out with his old friend, however obliquely, in a new memoir to be published later this month. "Falling Cars and Junkyard Dogs" (Soft Skull Press) is a collection of autobiographical vignettes illustrated by the author's own black-and-white photographs, which, like his music, evoke a vanishing America. Mr. Tweedy isn't named but referred to as "the bass player" in the book. "We've conversed quite a few times" over the years, Mr. Farrar says, "but I haven't spoken with him in a while. We travel in different circles."

While Mr. Tweedy's band Wilco is the bigger name since the split, "it was never paramount to me to achieve mainstream success," Mr. Farrar says.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324338604578326430967867730.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Brain Henneman Talks Tweedy and Farrar [Podcast]

The Bottle Rockets’ singer talks about his first guitar, meeting Jeff Tweedy and Jay Farrar as kids, Chicken Truck, being an Uncle Tupelo roadie, recording A.M., the first time Wilco heard Trace, the Coug, touring with John Fogerty, disaster gig with Todd Snider, meeting Chuck Berry, Festus Chainsaw Massacre, etc.

Otis Gibbs

http://otisgibbs.com/episode-18-brian-henneman/

Someday when the Bottle Rockets concert movie is released (who knows when) the footage of Brian discussing the early days of the band is priceless.  He is one of the funniest guys ever.

LouieB

I have a copy of this book. I pre-ordered it via Amazon months ago, and even though it isn't supposed to come out until the end of March, they shipped to me last week, for some reason. I'd figure I'd buy it b/c I figured Jay would probably have some interesting stories to tell and that he's probably a much better writer than he is a talker. I read it all the way through, and i enjoyed it, for the most part As for Jeff, he mentions the 'girlfrend incident' again as well as the fight in their Bellville apartment that was documented in the Kot book. He also briefly talks about the final meeting between himself and the rest of UT. He says that while it was indeed an awkward experience for him, he claims that he shook Jeff's hand and told him "good luck." He notes that this was never documented elsewhere. Overall, he doesn't dwell on UT or Jeff that much, but it seems clear that the way he was portrayed in the Kot book still bothers him.