Record Store Day 2013

Hmmmm...maybe I should offload my original Vs. and Vitalogy albums. I never listen to them anymore and don't really care about having them just for collector reasons.

Those took a hit when they were re released..the money is at No Code, Yield, Binaural, Riot Act.

To some degree these people pray on the people who take eBay prices for the "real world" prices. "It's $50 on eBay so it must be worth $50". If you are a seller, you don't need to convince the whole world the White Stripes record is worth $50 - you just need to find one person.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the Elliott Smith alternate version drastically different? Worth picking up?

I was wondering if these are the same songs that the label was posting for free not too long ago?

I would like to have the Elliott 7" and the Iron & Wine 7" since it has 2 non-album tracks.

Anyone have an opinion on the I&W?

Last year, I went to a Hasting's several months after RSD and they had a vastly expanded vinyl section and there were several things that had RSD stickers on them. I don't know if they are able to get RSD on the day or what. I have no independent RSD stores within 2 hours, so I would go through them if possible. I tried e-mailing through their website and the response led me to believe that English is not their first language.