Nels Cline & Jeff Parker Quartet Free Show Chicago Aug 8

Thought I'd share this news I just saw:

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Jeff Parker-Nels Cline Quartet : The Turning Point 6:30 pm

Made in Chicago: World Class Jazz series

Millennium Park, Jay Pritzker Pavilion

Thanks for posting this up. I saw this on Facebook this morning.  This is exciting. Nels has not played here outside of Wilco in a couple years.

There is a bunch fo good stuff happening in Mllenium Park this summer including Jazz Fest, which will include some great acts too. More excuses to come to Chicago (if you don't live here) for something other than a Wilco show.

LouieB

Yeah, I was pretty psyched when I saw this date announced. I assume by the title, The Turning Point, that they'll be doing what they did at the Empty Bottle a few years back -- that is, playing and/or paying tribute to the great Paul Bley record Turning Point (which I think was on the Improvising Artists label, or was it Inner City?). Anyway, I know both Nels and Jeff Parker have a lot of love for that record so I'm hoping that's what it is.

Incidentally, I also saw that the jazz program also has some sort of Andrew Hill tribute listed. They ought to get Nels for that as well!

Great lineups all around for the free shows at Pritzker this summer. Hope to make it to a bunch of them...