Dark Star Orchestra - 23 NOV 2013 - Northampton, MA (Calvin Theater)

In the Midnight Hour
Bertha
Little Red Rooster
Stagger Lee
El Paso
Crazy Fingers >
Supplication >
High Time
Hell in a Bucket >
Don't Ease Me In
------------------------
Feel Like a Stranger >
Eyes of the World >
Goin Down the Road Feelin Bad >
Women Are Smarter >
Drums >
Space >
Truckin' >
Spoonful >
Black Peter >
Turn on Your Lovelight

E: Johnny B Goode; It's All Over Now Baby Blue

Filler: Box of Rain

After the show they announce what Dead show it was... This was a show from Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) 6/27/85. I live in Saratoga, so that was pretty cool for me. These guys totally rock and put on a good show. You close your eyes and you feel like you are at an authentic Dead show... It is pretty amazing actually.

Yeah, good show. Like Lammy said, the Stagger Lee has always stood out in the first set to my ears. I used to listen to this tape on repeat (in other words set one was stuck in my tape deck) and I always remembered this.

And I agree with you about DSO. I saw them for the first time back in 2008 and have seen them about 10 times since. The only show of their's that was almost slightly disappointing to me was when they played 5/8/77 a few years back at House of Blues in San Diego. The rest have been incredible. I have somehow been lucky enough to get all 70s or original setlists, including three 77s and three 74s.

• 3 weeks later...

This was my first GD show.  Weird personal note:  Midnight Hour opened this show and it was the first and only time I saw it live.  "Gloria" was the encore at my final show (Pittsburgh 95) and it was the first and only time I saw it live.  My GD career was bookended by cover tunes that I only saw once!

Anyhow, back to SPAC 85, did DSO do the "don't hang off the balcony" thing?  Did they do the "my dog has no nose" joke?  All that stuff happened right before Stagger Lee if I remember correctly.

Another note about this show.............it has some of the quickest and most seemless transitions ever between Stranger and Eyes and between Eyes and GDTRFB.  Check 'em out.  You'll be amazed!