Pettyfest - April 24 2014 Metro Chicago

I caught the Chicago incarnation of Pettyfest last night. It was a fun show. Thought I'd post here because of some Wilco content...

John and Pat were two of many guest stars. Their first appearance was for Here Comes My Girl. Pat played guitar and John was on stage sans instrument. Pat handled the talking lyrics as well as the chorus while John hit the higher note singing (very well). Later they backed up Kelly Hogan (both on guitar) as she did Stop Dragging My Heart Around. John also joined many of the performers for the last song of the night - Handle with Care.

Butch Walker was impressive (Even the Losers). Jakob Dylan came off as a Dylan (Rebels/I Won't Back Down). Brendan Benson didn't have as much impact as I would have liked. Alison Mosshart was a fun mess on stage.

I'm a Tom Petty fan. He has such a great catalog which worked really well for this charity event.

Songs performed (not in order)

Cabin Down Below (Cabin Down Below Band)

Even the Losers (Butch Walker)

You Don't Know How it Feels

It's Good to be King (Cory Chisal, Jimmy Chamberlin)

You Wreck Me (Jesse Malin)

Here Comes My Girl (John Stirrat/Pat Sansone)

Breakdown (Alison Mosshart)

Don't Come Around Here No More (Ruby Amanfu & Lukas Nelson)

Learning to Fly (Butterfly Boucher)

Saving Grace (Nikki Lane)

The Waiting (Erika Wennerstrom)

Listen to Her Heart

You Got Lucky (Erika Wennerstrom)

Yer So Bad (Danny Masterson & Adam Busch)

Rebels (Jakob Dylan)

Into the Great Wide Open

Stop Dragging My Heart Around (Kelly Hogan, Pat Sansone, John)

Time to Move On

Honey Bee (Ruby Amanfu)

Walls

Refugee (Lukas Nelson)

Mary Jane's Last Dance (Members of Wild Feathers)

American Girl (Butch Walker)

Running Down a Dream (Alison Mosshart, Butch Walker)

Free Falling  (Alison Mosshart, Ruby Amanfu)

End of the Line (Benson, Dylan,Chisal others)

Handle with Care (Many including John Stirrat

Remember that one awesome weekend in Chicago when Tom Petty (Vic Theatre) and Minus 5 with Wilco (Abbey Pub) played the same weekend? I think that was the same weekend. Or was it Tom Petty & Beulah? Either way, it was an awesome weekend of music.

It was Tom Petty and Minus 5 with Wilco for sure. I caught the first Petty show and then both Minus 5 shows. Great week indeed. Wilco debuting A Ghost is Born songs as a band and this message board influencing Jeff to get a haircut between the shows.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tom-petty-and-the-heartbreakers/2003/vic-theatre-chicago-il-3bd1b838.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-minus-5/2003/abbey-pub-chicago-il-43df53c7.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-minus-5/2003/abbey-pub-chicago-il-4bdf53c6.html