Now Playing: May/June/July/August 2014

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

61aBYZ%2B2IML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The more i listen to this one, the more I like it. A straight up rock and roll record. Refreshing after a trend (that does not appeal to me) of 80s influenced synth-pop stuff that indie rock seems to be coughing up a lot nowadays. This record has shot up my Best Of 2014 list.

The more i listen to this one, the more I like it. A straight up rock and roll record. Refreshing after a trend (that does not appeal to me) of 80s influenced synth-pop stuff that indie rock seems to be coughing up a lot nowadays. This record has shot up my Best Of 2014 list.

Yes. Tops my list (as did their last record for that matter). These guys have the potential to be seriously great.

Yes. Tops my list (as did their last record for that matter). These guys have the potential to be seriously great.

If you dig Parquet Courts, I think that you'll dig this band, too.

Chicago kids. Similar style, but with a bit more of a Fall influence. And great guitar playing:

https://soundcloud.com/the-thons/thirty-foot-snake?in=the-thons/sets/the-thons-thirty-foot-snake

The let you DL all their music for free, too.

This one is right up near the top of my 2014 list.

C. Orbest's "Upsidedown Mountain". First three tunes are alright....although the entire album has pretty much the same tempo and melodies....so its rather boring by the end.

last-war-608x608.jpg