Nels in Chicago Time Out

Wow, I was going to come over here and shamelessly post a link to this interview, but someone beat me to the punch. I'm bummed that I wasn't able to publish the full conversation that I had with Nels, but Time Out generally keeps things short and to the point. The impression I got while talking to Nels (and I hope that this came through) is that he's very excited to have the time to work on projects that AREN'T Wilco right now. Judging by the various releases and recent touring activity by other Wilco members, it seems like everyone is taking some well-deserved time to do their own thing. I think that's probably why the next Wilco album is "on a slow road", especially now that Jeff is taking the time to release his long-rumored solo record. Perhaps the fall Wilco tour will serve as a warm up for the next LP?

Anyways, thanks for posting this link. I don't read these boards as much as I once did, but it's an honor to be able to share this interview with some fellow Wilco fans.

It wasn't every discussed publicly. Devin quit the band a few weeks after the Singers played at the first Solid Sound. I saw them there and three other times that summer, and something was definitely off in terms of their dynamic. Devin still plays with Nels occasionally and will be the bassist for Cibo Matto's tour of South America next week, so there doesn't seem to be any ill will.

I saw the Singers three times this weekend, and I think Trevor was a fantastic addition. As much as I loved the original lineup, Trevor clicks with Scott and Nels really well. There was a lot more experimentation and play in these shows than there was the last time I saw them in 2010. I can't wait to see where they go from here.