St. Augustine Show

They looked bored but the crowd goes for it. I promise you'll keep hearing it.

Yeah, HMD is one of the 2-4 songs they play basically every show. Jesus is another one. Though there is something quite funny to me about how the band can be so not into a song (in terms of body language) and still fart out an amazing sounding rendition.

Yeah, HMD is one of the 2-4 songs they play basically every show. Jesus is another one. Though there is something quite funny to me about how the band can be so not into a song (in terms of body language) and still fart out an amazing sounding rendition.

Haha. Agreed. Muscle Memory? 

Haha. Agreed. Muscle Memory? 

Y'know, I've thought about this a lot. I mean, I play guitar, I'm alright. Until recently I was pretty bad about memorizing stuff, though part of that was not having much knowledge of theory (I fixed that though) - but obviously I'm not even on the same planet as anyone in Wilco. But, probably muscle memory, having played these songs 1000s of times, and then just knowing musically what comes next as a combination of musical knowledge and knowing the songs.

After a certain point you sort of develop a sixth sense as to what chord should be next, if you know the song well enough and you have a good enough ear. So I imagine if you take my very limited ability to do that, multiply it by 100000000, then raise it exponentially, multiply it again by infinity, and you have Wilco's members.

Also, when you have written the song it's (in my experience) easier to remember. At least for me.