St. Augustine Show

For anyone who was thinking of getting a ticket to the St. Augustine show but hasn't pulled the trigger yet, it looks like a bunch of tickets got released at the last minute. They are in Section 102 (center), rows 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9. For perspective, pretty much the entire 2nd section behind them is sold out. Very weird.

You have to choose the "Buy on Map" option on Ticketbastard, or it won't work.

Excellent seats, centrally located. I would buy one myself, but I'm in the GA pit in front.

That is pretty weird. This is a bit random but it pertains to the St. Augustine show, does anyone know if cameras will be allowed? By camera I really just mean my cell phone camera. I went to their last St. Augustine show and I remember the picture policy was pretty strict! Like security was on you fast if they saw you with a camera. I thought it was funny because I smelled pot several times throughout the show, so I like to joke that it was easier to smoke a joint than take a picture for some folks.

I think the best thing is to snap a few and then put it away and enjoy the show. :)

Yes enjoy the show..... then make your way towards the tour bus. Better chance to take a picture (sometimes even get pics with the boys) or albums/posters signed. Some shows they come out, some they don't....

Wish I could make St. Augustine show, always wanted to see the town too, so far just made it to Jacksonville... :-)

I avoided the pit, those days are gone. I got presales seats all the way to one side; saw the ones front and center today and contacted Wilco's ticket vendor to see about changing. They were less than pleasant, plus their Web site is one of the most frustrating I've dealt with. They wouldn't exchange seats but was able to get a sympathetic ear with band management.

I've seen them many times, but this time feels like a real downer.

The tour bus is not very accessible in St. Augustine from my experiences. We ran into John last time they were there but it was on the opposite side of the stage.

And the web site definitely says no photos and refrain from texting, photos, etc. I know people got hauled out of the Savannah show a few years back for taking pics. Not sure about taping at St. Augustine but don't want to risk losing my multitatrack or having to go back to the car with it.

Anyone know what time Wilco is suppose to go onstage. I saw that the event is starting at 5 with several other acts starting early. I won't be able to get to the show till after 7. Hopefully it won't be too late.

So, Wilco just told me on Twitter that I am on the list for a free ticket with a plus one (I made a joke about selling platelets to buy tickets, but I wasn't planning on going since I saw them in Tally and West Palm and am 4 hrs away) - soooo guess I am driving to St. Augustine in an hour.

So, Wilco just told me on Twitter that I am on the list for a free ticket with a plus one (I made a joke about selling platelets to buy tickets, but I wasn't planning on going since I saw them in Tally and West Palm and am 4 hrs away) - soooo guess I am driving to St. Augustine in an hour.

Awesome, enjoy

Final acoustic set was amazing. Tweedy noted that it was 21 years ago to the very night that he and Stirratt played the last show with Uncle Tupelo at Mississippi Nights, and played We've Been Had and Take Back the Keys to My Heart in  honor, then closed with an acoustic version of Misunderstood. Amazing show.

From Setlist.fm, looks accurate. 4 Woody songs, seven from YHF, Uncle Tupelo song and cover, a huge slice of their "noisier" catalog, the pairing of Poor Places and Art of Almost was inspired (although Nels had guitar issues on the latter). Its been a while since I've seen them, but they continue to give Nels more and more room in Impossible Germany and he shreds up every square inch of space and leaves you begging for more. Was I In Your Dreams had some energy and depth beyond the norm, it's obvious the focus of this tour is to sell the box set of B sides, but Dark Neon was one of the show's highest moments. Tweedy seemed comfortable, gave shout out to local bar, mentioned Stetson Kennedy, but they played Secrets of the Sea. It is my personal judgment that they could shelf A Shot in the Arm and Handshake Drugs forever as it's long passed its quota, but they are major singalongs for most.

1. Encore:
  2. Encore 2:
  3. (Uncle Tupelo cover)
  4. (Doug Sahm cover)

Its been a while since I've seen them, but they continue to give Nels more and more room in Impossible Germany and he shreds up every square inch of space and leaves you begging for more.

I was listening to the live version of Impossible Germany from AMF, and then the version from the roadcase from Winterlude night 6 which was just last December.  They're very different creatures.