Musicians...who is the most famous person to attend one of your shows?

In my case, it was probably Mike Mills from REM.  He was one of the only people there, and I suspect he was only there because we happened to be playing in a place he liked to hang out.

George Wendt ("Norm" from Cheers) was at a Gene Clark Tribute show that I played at. Although I was the first act and he got there after I was done. Although, Carla Olson (Gene Clark's duet partner on his last couple of albums) was there for my show.

I also saw John Haggerty (Naked Raygun/Pegboy) and Larry Damore (Pegboy) at the last gig that one of my old bands played. Talked to them after my set and they had nice things to say about us. Larry was super nice. John just wanted to be left alone, I think.

Oh yeah, and Blackie Onassis poked his head in to a rehearsal of one of my old bands one night. He liked us. Or, at least he said that he did.

Oh yeah, and Blackie Onassis poked his head in to a rehearsal of one of my old bands one night. He liked us. Or, at least he said that he did.

Cool. I would have had to bust out some sister Havana. In fact, grabbing Saturation to listen to tomorrow.

Weird! Megan Draper was at one of my shows too!

no way! was it in Toronto? We played Canadian music week at the Horse Shore Tavern opening for Brody Dalle. Her boyfriend is some well known band dude (not known to me. big in the 90's i think... ) 

I've had eDFROMOHIO in the audience a couple times. Different cities, and different bands, which is a little weird.

Another time, Richard Edson from Sonic Youth/Stranger Than Paradise was in the audience.

• 3 years later...

Combing through this forum and came upon this old thread.

I played a show at Billy Corgan's tea shop a couple of years ago, and he was there when I finished my set. Don't know if he actually saw me play anything or not, though. If he did, he didn't say anything when I talked to him (for a little bit, before his DJ set).