Wilco = Dexter Fowler

In the crazy world of Tribune baseball writer Paul Sullivan, Yoenis Cespedes is Bruce Springsteen, a high earning entertainer whom the Chicago White Sox have shown some interest in signing. However Sullivan feels the White Sox might be better off signing Dexter Fowler at a lower cost. And in the last sentence of the article states, "perhaps Fowler can be more like Wilco, and then everyone will be better off."

Sorry if you are not a baseball fan, don't know who Dexter Fowler is, or prefer baseball scribe Peter Gammons, but this struck me as so odd, I had to share it with the other 13 people who understood the wacky reference.

http://eeditionmobile.chicagotribune.com/Olive/Tablet/ChicagoTribune/AfterLogin.ashx?Reader=/Olive/Tablet/ChicagoTribune&Id=62378206&d=2016-01-21&r=none&c=aeb565dea9027b75edd1223708e0773d

I saw the article this morning.  I think it was meant as a compliment to Dexter Fowler -- not as flashy: but reliable and steady at a fraction of the price as Cespedes/Springsteen.  I never figured Paul Sullivan to be a Wilco fan -- I pictured him more as a Mumford or Billy Joel kind of guy!  This will make it harder for me to hate him and his Cub-centric world view.. 

In the crazy world of Tribune baseball writer Paul Sullivan, Yoenis Cespedes is Bruce Springsteen, a high earning entertainer whom the Chicago White Sox have shown some interest in signing. However Sullivan feels the White Sox might be better off signing Dexter Fowler at a lower cost. And in the last sentence of the article states, "perhaps Fowler can be more like Wilco, and then everyone will be better off."

Sorry if you are not a baseball fan, don't know who Dexter Fowler is, or prefer baseball scribe Peter Gammons, but this struck me as so odd, I had to share it with the other 13 people who understood the wacky reference.

http://eeditionmobile.chicagotribune.com/Olive/Tablet/ChicagoTribune/AfterLogin.ashx?Reader=/Olive/Tablet/ChicagoTribune&Id=62378206&d=2016-01-21&r=none&c=aeb565dea9027b75edd1223708e0773d

As a citizen of Denver, and a Rockies fan, I'm totally cool with Fowler.  As a Wilco fan, I can't really wrap my head around using them in a sports analogy.