High Falutin' Article About One Sunday Morning

George Saunders has mentioned being inspired by this song before.

I read in an interview with your editor that you associate the “The Tenth of December,” the story, with Wilco’s “One Sunday Morning." Is that true?

Yeah, I had that album and I was chain-listening to it for the whole period I was finishing that story. Whenever I listened to it, it put me into the mindset of the story right away. It’s a great song, but they’re also just a great band. I don’t listen to music when I write, but sometimes to get into the right zone, to hear something really soulful and powerful like that reminds you what artists are supposed to be doing in the first place. It’s like a shortcut.

Here's a link to the article in context: http://www.chicagomag.com/arts-culture/May-2015/George-Saunders-on-Why-the-Humanities-Matter/

Last song I got to play with Jeff in person.  Grateful to have a video and recording of it.  It's one of those that I usually don't listen to while driving, for fear of running off the road.  If they had extended the ending another half hour I would enjoy it even more.