Courtney Barnett vs. Jeff Tweedy

Just read this article, which apparently was published on paper a while ago but is just available online.  So good!  Great discussion between 2 wonderful artists.

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/interviews/courtney_barnett_vs._wilcos_jeff_tweedy

Sample:

Courtney: Have you ever recorded something that you love so much that you keep it a secret? Does that even work?

Jeff: No, I don't think that would work, because then you get stuck, and then you become the person that's ruining it. I actually do have a lot of recordings that I don't listen to all the time, but when I do I feel like they're my favorite things I've ever done, but I don't know if the world would think that much of them. There are a handful of things like that, but I don't dwell upon them. I always imagine they'll come out on some box set someday or something and the pressure will be off, because it'll just be crazy fanatics buying it and they get what they deserve.

Great read, thanks for posting!

Star Wars was the more playful and rocky, glammy sounding record, and this one is a little more of a fucked-up country record or something.

I think I remember him saying something like this about the new Wilco album before.