Happy 4th of July, all you V.C.ers from the US!

Wishing everyone out there celebrating - a lovely day of sun and friends and family and fireworks! There's a lot to celebrate despite all the bad stuff! :party

I'm headed up to Big Bear Lake to watch fireworks set off from a boat in the lake...neat with the reflections!   :usa

What are you up to?

Let's hope that, in these very strange times, it is a peaceful day for us all. I can't help but worry a little.

What have you got planned?

Small parade down the main street of my village -- all the kids/adults ride their bikes/scooters/strollers or walk --- very low key but fun for all -- ending in the village's center with fire trucks holding up the flag with its big ladders.

The fire department put it on every year.

Ugh. crabby and tired today from all the neighbor idiots lighting fireworks into the wee hours last night, setting off my dog each time, which in turn woke my 1 and 3 year olds each time.

Couldn't they have depleted their illegal stock of fireworks over the weekend, or before 10pm last night?

:frusty