GOO! Nels Cline’s ICON Series Signature Distortion Pedal

GOO! Nels Cline’s ICON Series Signature Distortion Pedal
“GOO is the most expressive, touch sensitive, and responsive distortion pedal I’ve ever experienced. GOO will rock your socks off, and then its singing sustain will envelop you in sonic viscosity and consume you in creamy, dreamy distorted bliss. We Did it! Dig It! In a world filled with fuzz boxes and overdrive pedals and very few distortion pedals, I wanted to create a distortion pedal that is creamy, full rich, but also loud and versatile with a lot of sustain and plenty of gain.”~ Nels Cline
GOO has it all! Thick, focused, creamy, GOO Oozes Tone, has plenty of volume and plenty of gain with loads of singing sustain, a superb tube amp like feel, great dynamics and touch sensitivity. GOO’s sonic characteristics and tube-like response gives players the freedom and flexibility to play everything from rock to alternative to jazz fusion to blues.
GLOW IN THE DARK KNOBS!
SIMPLE GIG FRIENDLY DESIGN! OOZES TONE!
HAND MADE and BUILT TO ORDER in Toronto, Canada
250 PIECES ONLY: Limited Edition 2016. Deliveries start October 2016.
PRE-ORDER: Includes GOO Sticker Pack, Signed GOO Certificate and Custom GOO Packaging.

http://www.toneconcepts.com/goo/#product

It sounds awesome. Too bad it's almost 300 bones!

I hear 'ya, but, since I already ordered one, my rationalization goes thusly...

1) Loved the old RAT distortion pedal & still have it decades later... if these are well made, then paying more $ divided by the number of years you'll have this (a lifetime) doesn't amount to much...

2) You should always trust your own ears & Spidey sense on stuff like this...but, seeing as I'm not up for spending the day going pedal to pedal to pedal with comparisons... then I can say that there's guitarists who playing & sounds I love up there with Nels (Jeff Tweedy included) but no one I love more...and, no one I trust more as far as being deeply involved in the pedal world & in sonic sculpture, including noise sculpting... he plays guitar a lot & then he also plays electric signals like a wizard... If Nels was in on the creation of this, then, in short, that's good enuff fer me!

3) It's hand-made by a small boutique company & it's aesthetics are all incredibly cool, on many & every level(s)...

I'm still on the fence. It's $340 including shipping for me. I'm a bit slow to drop that much on a distortion pedal. You can't totally judge tone via crappy YouTube audio but it did seem like a nice pedal but definitely overpriced for what it is. I do have quite a few top end pedals on my own gigging board (Strymon Timeline probably being the most expensive) but I know if I do end up buying this it's for the name printed on it.