Las Vegas concert shooting

I've often thought about this in similar situations and I agree and disagree at the same time. Are the media supposed to not report who was responsible and do a background check on the person? Wouldn't the public demand to know?! Should the media just try to ignore the person responsible like MLB and other major sports have finally done when an asshole runs onto the field? There are biographies on Bundy and Dahmer and the Texas Tower guy and every other lunatic that has caused major chaos like this. 

Reported as to the number and the relation to other mass murders? Yeah, could probably be omitted. It's really not that hard to piece together, though, whether your an interested/concerned average Joe or a mass rampage lunatic in the making. 

I think the  "blame" (besides, obviously, the troubled dude who did it who we will, most of us, forget his name in a week or two) falls more on the politicians and the difficulty in attaining/affording mental health care, more so than the media reporting facts.

I'm not so sure that reporting the death count in relation to other similar horrific events and giving a background into the deranged killer is necessarily "romanticizing" the event, I guess.

ed. I just saw this, from my local media, btw (a"biography" on each of the victims in the shootings). There is balance in the media

http://www.9news.com/news/nation-world/victims-identified-las-vegas-shooting/480170042

ed. pt. 2. Not to beat this thing down, but another balanced piece from a local media source that highlights the good that can emerge from tragedy rather than mere body counts/profilie on the killer:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/04/thornton-middle-school-principal-wounded-las-vegas/

Perhaps "romanticizing" is not the proper word...maybe "detailing" is what I find more frustrating. Essentially this is what he did, this is how he did it, these are the tools and methods to the minute of how he killed as many people as possible. Prime example would be the Virginia Tech guy that took two pieces of chain and padlocks into the classroom. This was a really efficient and cheap way for him to kill probably twice as many people as he could have had they been able to flee. Would this detail come out from survivors and eye witnesses?...of course. Could the media have omitted it from their story and probably saved lives in the future?....of course.   Its like publishing bomb recipes.  I don't disagree there is balance in the media. I won't give them too much credit because I think that balance exists because they need around the clock content now and it makes good filler. If they only had 30 minutes like the old days it would be all about the killer, his motives and the scene. Full disclosure here I am guilty of what I am bitching about because I have read every detail about how this guy pulled this off because it is morbidly fascinating and it is just human nature to cover your eyes and then peek but if the details were not so accessible I would not seek them out.