I just bumped into the trailer for a uplifting indie flick starring Nick Offerman called Hearts Beat Loud. He's a struggling record-store owner/single dad who decides to make a go of it playing indie-pop with his daughter. In the trailer suddenly there was the unmistakable visage of Jeff Tweedy in his current long-hair/cowboy hat mode.

Didn't see his name in the credits so I don't think he did a ton of acting, but I know he and Nick are buddies, so that's cool. Looks like Offerman really got to show his non-Ron Swanson chops and use some more emotional vulnerability.

Might be cool.

CALLING JEFF TWEEDY: “I play guitar but I’d never played electric before. That took me three months of sweat and cramping fingers to just to be able to play these easy little parts. But it was thrilling for me. I felt like Eddie Van Halen. The Les Paul custom in the movie I [bought] from Jeff Tweedy. We’re buddies. I got this job and I called Jeff and said, ‘I’m playing this guy who’s this rock star wannabe. He’s always been in a band, he runs a vinyl store and he has a shitty acoustic guitar and a crappy electric and then overspends on some guitar. Will you please tell me what guitars to get so that I don’t pick the wrong ones so that when you see the movie you don’t hate me because I didn't ask you what guitars to get.” Jeff collects guitars. It’s this amazing, ever-evolving collection. Once a year, he’ll announce he’s going to get rid of 30 and they’ll do a sale. He said there’s actually a few coming up in the sale that would be right. That’s how I ended up with that Les Paul.”

Beltman posted the below trailer in the 'Wilco heard while you're out and about' -- might as well put it here --- looking forward to seeing it.

https://youtu.be/M4lzoQKIF8E

Nick Offerman will be the guest on Fresh Air tomorrow (Thursday, 6/6). I assume he'll be discussing this. Who knows, there might be a Jeff mention.