Jeff Tweedy — 18 November 2018, Music Box Theatre, Chicago, IL

That was fun, I thought Jason Narducy overall did a really nice job. The questions from the audience were predictably awful though. Why not ask about his songs or something instead of garbage like if rainbows are real? Let’s go rain is really growing on me.

I thought it was a fun conversation and well worth $30 once you include a signed book.

Jason is funny and if you aren't familiar with his humor it may have seemed that he took too much of the time on that.

We heard a hilarious and gruesome Wilco bus sickness on the 20 hour drive to Sweden (Switzerland?) story, plans for a spring solo tour, about people in Belleville being dicks, a little more on how the mumble lyrics song writing practice works for Jeff, that he wrote the book mostly from his summer home in MI, that he won't be reading the next book for audio and instead will pass that on to Nick Offerman as it took four days this time, about his only acid trip on the day he saw Jodie Foster's Army, and that he's not good at loading the dishwasher but accepts that.

I thought it was a fun conversation and well worth $30 once you include a signed book.

Jason is funny and if you aren't familiar with his humor it may have seemed that he took too much of the time on that.

We heard a hilarious and gruesome Wilco bus sickness story, plans for a spring solo tour, about people in Belleville being dicks, a little more on how the mumble lyrics song writing practice works for Jeff, that he wrote the book mostly from his summer home in MI, that he won't be reading the next book for audio and instead will pass that on to Nick Offerman as it took four days this time, about his only acid trip, and that he's not good at loading the dishwasher but accepts that.

Thanks for the recap. Wish I didn’t have to miss this one. How were the acoustics in the Music Box? I know that place can be terrible for talks and stuff like that (no problem for actual movies).

We heard a hilarious and gruesome Wilco bus sickness story, plans for a spring solo tour, about people in Belleville being dicks, a little more on how the mumble lyrics song writing practice works for Jeff, that he wrote the book mostly from his summer home in MI, that he won't be reading the next book for audio and instead will pass that on to Nick Offerman as it took four days this time, about his only acid trip, and that he's not good at loading the dishwasher but accepts that.

Did it sound like it would be an extensive tour? I know there's an STL date on 2/28. Crossing my fingers for a Nashville date...

How were the acoustics in the Music Box? 

I was about 15 rows back in the center – crystal clear sound during conversation. Acoustics during the music section were fine – not great. The vocals seemed to be only coming out of speakers on the left side of the room, but it didn’t seem to make much of a difference.

It was cool to see Jeff’s name on that marquee and also on the sign within the theater (where they usually display the film’s title) – better than had he done it at the Vic for instance. Realized this was the 3rd Wilco related event I’ve had at the venue after seeing I Am Trying to Break Your Heart and Ashes of American Flags there in previous years.

Did it sound like it would be an extensive tour? 

Jeff didn't say anything more than that (there are plans for a spring solo tour)