I like how you can sort of date when they taped this by Jeff's facial hair growth. Not quite carbon dating, but still... :shifty

(If I had to guess, they did it Oct. 14 — the day after the Brooklyn Steel show — though that seems like an awful long time for the Late Night show to sit on it. I just don't see when else they would have taped it unless it was the actual day of one of the NYC shows.)

I like how you can sort of date when they taped this by Jeff's facial hair growth. Not quite carbon dating, but still... :shifty

(If I had to guess, they did it Oct. 14 — the day after the Brooklyn Steel show — though that seems like an awful long time for the Late Night show to sit on it. I just don't see when else they would have taped it unless it was the actual day of one of the NYC shows.)

Isn't the typical late night tv show format to tape a complete show in the afternoon and then air it that same night?

Is the Seth Myers show pre-taping music performances and piecing together shows from different dates?  So the only thing you can be sure is current on his show is the monologue?

Isn't the typical late night tv show format to tape a complete show in the afternoon and then air it that same night?

Is the Seth Myers show pre-taping music performances and piecing together shows from different dates?  So the only thing you can be sure is current on his show is the monologue?

Some shows will pre-tape bands or standup as a rule. I believe Craig Ferguson's show operated that way. Monologue, sketches, and interviews are probably all done in the same taping. Dunno if Seth Myers does that every time or if this was a one off (maybe the show they taped it on ran long). But yeah, most shows tape the afternoon they air with all the parts done in the same order they air in.