I saw a recent post from Tim (tinnitus) about sifting through the photo archives (awesome stuff!). Like he and many, I’ve been going through my extensive library in an effort to become more organized. A ton of forgotten gems have surfaced, including a few here. So, I thought I’d share….

As some of you might recall, I had the good fortune to photograph Wilco many times. In absence of any live shows these days, here’s a few pics from a bunch of various shows. I think these sort of show why Wilco is about the best live show on the planet.

charles

These are fantastic!  Thanks for sharing those.

What is the venue in the shot of the full audience/balcony with purple painted wood taken from behind the drums?  About 2/3 down the page.

What is the venue in the shot of the full audience/balcony with purple painted wood taken from behind the drums?  About 2/3 down the page.

Right now, I'd say that was taken in social distancing hell.  :blink   Or maybe that's heaven, when we can all be packed together like that again!

These are great, Charles, thank you.  I love Nels with the lamp!

I saw a recent post from Tim (tinnitus) about sifting through the photo archives (awesome stuff!). Like he and many, I’ve been going through my extensive library in an effort to become more organized. A ton of forgotten gems have surfaced, including a few here. So, I thought I’d share….

As some of you might recall, I had the good fortune to photograph Wilco many times. In absence of any live shows these days, here’s a few pics from a bunch of various shows. I think these sort of show why Wilco is about the best live show on the planet.

charles

wonderful photos, Charles. that sound you just heard was me tossing my gear into the trash bin. thanks for sharing. 

That audience shot was from the Riviera in Chicago during the Residency of 2008. As I recall, that shot was during the encore break of the last show of the 5 night run. 

Ah, thanks.  I was curious because the paint job is a little like the Tabernacle in Atlanta (different colors but similar style.)  

• 1 month later...

Here's a nice little profile of my good friend (and resident Wilco shooter) Zoran Orlic featuring a bunch of Wilco photos. Congrats Z!

https://www.digitalphotopro.com/profiles/zoran-orlic-live-from-chicago/

nice! that photo of Neil at Malahide Castle is so cool. and i wouldn't have expected Zoran to have shot Qui... Yow is the best.