Thanksgiving Thanks in a Rough Year!

This has been a year in which the happiest among us struggle to feel cheered, and the truly struggling among us are just trying to make it through winter alive. 

So I am the first to understand if finding joy and gratitude right now feels like a bitter exercise.

But I hope we can find those separate moments of the year just passing where we recognize that life was beautiful for a brief flash. That undercurrent of love that drives life hasn't gone. We just need to focus to see it.

Tell me the beauties 2020 brought you, that brought you joy. They are worth commemorating and celebrating! Let's see pictures, if you have them!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, VIA CHICAGO!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, our fearless leader, and to everyone at Via Chicago! It's certainly been a trying year. Before all hell broke loose I managed to squeeze in a few concerts, including a Bottle Rockets/Robbie Fulks show at a very cool venue in Baton Rouge. Although the annual barbecue cookoff/festival benefitting pediatric brain cancer in which I participate didn't happen, we did meet for the plot draft. That meant free beer and a brewery tour which led to an interesting discovery. I was also fortunate enough to experience my first Cajun Mardi Gras with family. I had so much fun I ordered a costume for when Mardi Gras returns.

IMG_7194.jpgIMG_7232.jpg

IMG_7402.jpg

I had a few more pics to share, but I can't figure out how to do so. I keep getting a message indicating I'm only allowed to share a certain amount of bytes. Oh, well. There have been a few highlights in an otherwise "meh" year. I'm very appreciative for them. And for everyone here. Hope everyone's enjoyed a wonderful, safe holiday. 

7 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

What's the Welsh connection? (The flag - I am Welsh). 

Wales v England tomorrow and the omens are not good.

I have no idea. The venue is named the Red Dragon Listening Room. It's a very unique place (in a good way). I hope to attend more shows there in the future. 

On 11/26/2020 at 6:25 PM, Boss_Tweedy said:

I had a few more pics to share, but I can't figure out how to do so. I keep getting a message indicating I'm only allowed to share a certain amount of bytes. Oh, well. There have been a few highlights in an otherwise "meh" year. I'm very appreciative for them. And for everyone here. Hope everyone's enjoyed a wonderful, safe holiday. 

I'll investigate the error message, Jon. Love your photos! Look at all those fringed-up Mardi Gras hippies! Are you sure that photo isn't from Woodstock?

On 11/26/2020 at 6:25 PM, Boss_Tweedy said:

I had a few more pics to share, but I can't figure out how to do so. I keep getting a message indicating I'm only allowed to share a certain amount of bytes.

Sorry about that....uploads were previously capped at 5 MB per post, so you might have been running into that limit. I've bumped it up to 30 MB per post to avoid similar issues in the future.

Bear in mind that there's currently a max upload storage limit, across all forums, of ~2 GB per user by default (this quota may change in the future depending on server resources). If anyone finds themselves running into this ceiling, please contact one of the admins and we'll see what we can do. 

3 hours ago, Neuroglue said:

Sorry about that....uploads were previously capped at 5 MB per post, so you might have been running into that limit. I've bumped it up to 30 MB per post to avoid similar issues in the future.

Bear in mind that there's currently a max upload storage limit, across all forums, of ~2 GB per user by default (this quota may change in the future depending on server resources). If anyone finds themselves running into this ceiling, please contact one of the admins and we'll see what we can do. 

Thanks Tom!

On 11/29/2020 at 8:40 PM, kidsmoke said:

I'll investigate the error message, Jon. Love your photos! Look at all those fringed-up Mardi Gras hippies! Are you sure that photo isn't from Woodstock?

I'm pretty sure unless the locals in Woodstock spoke with very heavy Cajun French accents. Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad I was able to get the Cajun Mardi Gras experience before everything went nuts. 

20 hours ago, Neuroglue said:

Ah, thanks for the explanation and for upping the ceiling on uploads.