Waxahatchee Fans?

I'm a big fan of the talented Katie Crutchfield, who performs as Waxahatchee. What a powerful voice, both literally and figuratively. The songs she writes are resonant gems, the lyrics linger.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy Katie's voice, I'm also a big fan of L.A.'s own Jess Williamson, a voice as mesmerizing as Katie's own, but very different. When Katie and Jess met and joined forces, I perked up my ears. Today I got my just-released copy of Katie & Jess's new album as Plains, called "I Walked with You a Ways". I'm still getting to know this music but already there are standout songs. These two voices, and attitudes, blended makes for a really intriguing album.

The Wilco connection? (Isn't there always one?😄) That capable, exactly-right, intuitive drumming? Courtesy of Mr. Spencer Tweedy!

I'm really liking this. And look how gorgeous this vinyl is!

20221014_163510.jpg

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Chez said:

Katie's twin sister, Allison, fronted the band Swearin' -- also worth checking out if you're a fan of Waxahatchee. 

Allison is a sweetheart & so talented! She's an L.A. local so I see her frequently playing in L.A. bands. Did you know she & Katie are "mirror twins", where their bodies are mirrors of each other, reversed compared to each other? I understand body organs can even be on the "wrong side" of a mirror twin's body. It's pretty rare. Google it!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

Allison is a sweetheart & so talented! She's an L.A. local so I see her frequently playing in L.A. bands. Did you know she & Katie are "mirror twins", where their bodies are mirrors of each other, reversed compared to each other? I understand body organs can even be on the "wrong side" of a mirror twin's body. It's pretty rare. Google it!

How is it that neither Katie nor Allison has written a song named "Mirror Twin?"  Seems like low-hanging fruit!  

• Haha 1