Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

And everywhere else! Sending love and a big gust of fresh air to everyone choking and gasping in the northeast of the country. I hope you are all managing to stay indoors and avoid the worst effects of the smoke. What an ugly, scary situation. :(

• Like 2

We had the same situation last summer & it lasted a long time. I followed NIN through Oregon ending up in Bend on the other side of the mountains. When I was driving home once I got over the mountains it was Blade Runner all of the sudden. We've got a little this year but nothing seerious (yet).

• Like 1

Wednesday was the worst day here.  The sky was orange in the afternoon with visibility of feet. I’ve never experienced anything like it before. It looked like the apocalypse out there. I have lots of KN95 masks left from the pandemic, so wore one while I was out driving (!) and that thankfully eliminated the burning stench. 

It was much better yesterday and looks to be fairly normal out there this morning.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, brownie said:

Wednesday was the worst day here.  The sky was orange in the afternoon with visibility of feet. I’ve never experienced anything like it before. It looked like the apocalypse out there. I have lots of KN95 masks left from the pandemic, so wore one while I was out driving (!) and that thankfully eliminated the burning stench. 

It was much better yesterday and looks to be fairly normal out there this morning.

I'm glad you're breathing easier! I hope that means the Canadian fires are beginning to be brought under control. The world has GOT to realize that climate change dangers don't recognize political borders. We're all in this danger together.

• Like 2