Jeff Tweedy — 18 July 2023, St. Louis, MO (The Sheldon Concert Hall)

When I saw that this show sold out so quickly (within a day or two, if I'm not mistaken), I was a little surprised since Jeff's solo acoustic shows haven't usually moved quite so fast — even one in his quasi-hometown. But when I stepped into The Sheldon's intimate Concert Hall, which struck me as sort of a cross between a collegiate lecture hall and a chapel, I understood why. I don't have time right now to get into the relative intimacy of the venue and how that may and may not have contributed to the overall vibe of the show, but fortunately, the crowd was respectful in general but not overly so and that made for a pretty entertaining evening.

More to come...

No real setlist surprises outside of Screen Door, which Jeff said he hadn't played in a long time but decided to include in the set because a gentleman he named as Tim who was in the audience had recorded it the first time it was ever performed. At any rate, here was the complete setlist as played:

The Universe

Story To Tell

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Box Full Of Letters ("waltz" version)

Gwendolyn

Having Been Is No Way To Be

New Madrid

Country Song Upside Down

Evergreen

Don't Forget

Hummingbird

You And I