A Central Depository For VCers Music!

here is our stuff:

http://iacmusic.com/artist.aspx?id=142122

awesome idea, im glad the vc music thing is coming together

Thanks for joining in!

I added "My Worst Enemy". Nice tune.

Also a note:

There is no rhyme nor reason as to the order in which the songs are listed at the station. So, to keep any notions and perceptions of favortism at bay, I will be randomizing the playlist every week or two, just to mix it up.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A PIECE OF INFORMATION FOR VCers WHO HAVE YET TO START A PAGE:

The site has just implemented a new policy for new bands joining the site. Before becoming active and being able to be added to stations (like my VC station), the management has to review the music and determine whether or not it is of high enough quality to stay on their site.

It's an effort they are making to make sure that they maintain their reputation as a "quality" indie site (and also to save bandwidth, I presume).

Please still let me know when you start a new page, and I'll keep checking back to see when you are approved, so that I can add you to the VC page.

It's a pain in the ass, but with the quality of music that I've heard coming from you folks, I don't think that any of you will have any trouble being approved.

Oh, and the page is still free. But, until you get approval, you only get one song. Then, for a free page, you'll get a second, once approved.

Hell, they posted the new rules here:

http://iacmusic.com/blog.aspx?id=9736&TopicID=94720

Hope it doesn't turn any of you off to putting your music up at IAC so that we all can hear it. I love what you all have put up so far; and I don't think that I'm alone in that sentiment.

Here's the link to my band's page: http://iacmusic.com/artist.aspx?ID=142048. I just uploaded a studio demo we recorded in November. We'll be recording our first E.P. in January.

The page doesn't seem to be loading. In fact, IAC seems to be down entirely, right now.

I'll try again in a bit and let you know when I can hear your tune.

Thanks for adding your stuff. I'm looking forward to hearing it!

Here's the link to my band's page: http://iacmusic.com/artist.aspx?ID=142048. I just uploaded a studio demo we recorded in November. We'll be recording our first E.P. in January.

Okay!

I added it!

Dig it.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

yo pop todd! i recently added a page and some tunes and would love to join the party. Thanks!

post the link to your page and I'll get you in!

Nice stuff, Nettles! Reminds me more than a little of The Jayhawks. Great guitar tone, too.

I'm adding "Brother Jaybo's Tune", but there is something wrong with "100% Mobile"; I can't get that one to stream. You may want to try re-upping that one.

Hey, here's a link to my band's Myspace (I didn't have the patience for the IAC thing):

http://www.myspace.com/trapperschoepp

We're Trapper Schoepp & The Shades, and are out of Milwaukee. We're all pretty young, with my brother, Trapper, being only 19. Hope y'all like the tracks!

Thanks for the link, Tanner. But not having an IAC link kinda defeats the purpose of the thread.

Go on and make an IAC page! It doesn't take long. And it doesn't take any money.

If you still don't want to, I'll go check out your myspace page sometime when I have time outside of work. But, give it a shot; I'd love to have you up on the page at IAC.

Cool idea - just stumbled upon it. Thanks for doing it. Here's my band's stuff: BreezyGrass - iacmusic link

Thanks!

Hey Matty.

Really nice tune; I dig it with a big shovel! It's got a good Son Volt feel to it.

Added to the station.

Todd

Yo, here's the link to our page. I'll get around to adding some bio stuff/press one of these days. Rockin' out to the VC station right now!

http://iacmusic.com/artist.aspx?id=142670

I'm listening now (I'm only partway through "Between the Lines") and I'm already hearing both Jay Farrar and Sloan influences. Gotta say, them's some pretty nice influences to have. I'll listen to "Zero" and then decide which one to put at the station.

Very nice work, Tanner!

Just another great VC band, I guess!

:cheers

(Maybe we can share a bill sometime?)

EDIT:

Added "Between the Lines".

Hey Matty.

Really nice tune; I dig it with a big shovel! It's got a good Son Volt feel to it.

Added to the station.

Todd

Thanks! It's a demo. We will be spending the month of Jan. recording an album. First one for me - so I'm excited. Anyone have any tips? We will be doing it live with overdubs and refinement on a pc using protools I would imagine. Our mandolin player's son went to school for recording and he's gonna be engineering it and helping us shape it.

I planned on listening to the station today at work but that didn't happen. Can't wait to tomorrow to check out everyone's songs! Again such a great idea and thanks so much for doing it! You rock!

Edit: make that a mac instead of pc.

Thanks! It's a demo. We will be spending the month of Jan. recording an album. First one for me - so I'm excited. Anyone have any tips? We will be doing it live with overdubs and refinement on a pc using protools I would imagine. Our mandolin player's son went to school for recording and he's gonna be engineering it and helping us shape it.

I planned on listening to the station today at work but that didn't happen. Can't wait to tomorrow to check out everyone's songs! Again such a great idea and thanks so much for doing it! You rock!

Edit: make that a mac instead of pc.

My suggestion for recording with ProTools:

Don't think of the shortcuts as "cheats". Look at all those "cheats" -- the copy and pasting, the ability to move individual notes around -- as another creative tool. There is a lot of cool stuff that you can do with it.

For the record that I just finished (that's coming out next month), I used some of that to create loops and then build a drum part in 3-part rounds. [beavis and Butt-Head] It was cool! [/beavis and Butt-Head]

Be open to everything at your disposal; it's just another tool, just like the instrument you play.

I'm open. I am new to working with computer with sound so it will be a learning experience for sure. I'm glad that there will be someone there who knows what they are doing. We have our sound down live but want to just add something special in the studio and polish it up a bit. Definitely play with the sounds and get a little space in there - pshycamericana you might say.

Just finished checking out the VC station and I'm blown away. Really great stuff on there. The bar is set very high. Getting ready to listen again!

yo.

Did you set up a page at IAC Music? I would love to check out your tunes and add them to the page, but I can't do anything for you until you do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Waronwar is part of a band called The Chairs which released their second full length CD called Nine Ways, which is excellent. I don't have a link, but he should post up on this. For a bunch of young guys they really have their shit together I think.

LouieB

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else gonna up?

Anyone else HAVE something else to up?

Lookin' forward to hearing you.